Foxsat HDR - Files to Folders on USB HDD?

Tropi

I have several individual episodes of several TV series stored on an external USB drive. I would very much like to re-organize this drive by collecting all the loose episodes into appropriately named folders on the same USB drive. It’s relatively easy to do this on the recorder’s own HDD but I cannot find any way to do it on the external.
Does anyone have a solution to this, please?

My Foxsat is plain standard, though I have a 1 TB HDD that I intend to swap in at some point.

Installing custom firmware gives you a control panel you access from a web browser via your home network, with a much greater range of abilities for file management etc, and much more convenient, than are available through the standard remote control menus.

I am a little afraid of messing with the firmware, just natural fear of the unknown and accidentally messing up an excellent machine that actually works remarkably well and has done for years.
But I see you have a whole pile of extremely helpful looking links in your signature so I'd better start looking into those!

But I see you have a whole pile of extremely helpful looking links in your signature so I'd better start looking into those!
These are for HDR-FOX in particular, not FOXSAT-HDR. The Foxsat is not quite so amenable to add-ons because of having lower spec hardware and architecture, but the principles are similar. For specific details you need to confine yourself to the relevant section of the forum here: https://hummy.tv/forum/forums/foxsat-hdr-customised-firmware.38/

And several threads and six thousand odd posts about the CF for the Foxsat over on AVF.
Latest thread is HERE

Last edited:
Back