Foxsat-HDR remote control RM-F01.

Mac

Time has come for me to treat my Foxsat-HDR to a new RM-F01 remote control.
I've opened and cleaned my one many times but as most of the wee retaining clips have long since snapped off, I've decided to replace it.

What is the current thinking about replacements available on the market?
Is there a particular model/vendor that forum members would recommend?
I've seen so-called "Genuine Humax" replacements on sale, but a lot of the subsequent customer reviews have not been very inspiring!

Hope you can help.

I purchased an RM-F04 for an HDR-Fox T2 back in Jan 2020 and as far as I remember it could also control the Foxsat-HDRs I had back then, perhaps with one exception (but I can't remember which).
If this is correct then this eBay seller has just one genuine RM-F04 left at £27.50 delivered: dcsalesint

I can confirm that these are genuine Humax remotes sealed in a bag.

I purchased an RM-F04 for an HDR-Fox T2 back in Jan 2020 and as far as I remember it could also control the Foxsat-HDRs I had back then, perhaps with one exception (but I can't remember which).

Humax RM-F04 Remote Control Set-Top Box TV Buttons

The button layout is slightly different to the RM-F01, but it's the same basic design.
If this is correct then this eBay seller has just one genuine RM-F04 left at £27.50 delivered: dcsalesint

I can confirm that these are genuine Humax remotes sealed in a bag.
Thanks to both of you for your interest and helpful suggestions.
(I also use an HDR-Fox T2 so I may also treat myself to a replacement for that.)

I asked dcsalesint if they had an F01 in stock and they had one, albeit a used one which looked in good condition from the photo, so I bought it just now.
Thanks.

The RM-F01 also controls the HD(R) Fox T2 units. I got very confused when pushing the buttons the other week (on one of my inherited units) and it took me ages to spot why I wasn't getting the function I expected. The only thing it lacks is a TV Portal button.

The RM-F01 also controls the HD(R) Fox T2 units. I got very confused when pushing the buttons the other week (on one of my inherited units) and it took me ages to spot why I wasn't getting the function I expected. The only thing it lacks is a TV Portal button.
The RM-109U also controls the HD(R) Fox T2 but has a few seldom-used buttons missing and only controls the HDR and TV using the MDB1.3_01 code library.

I know as I picked up a 1GB DTR-1010 for £15 from a charity shop on Saturday just for the HDD, reasoning that as the remote was spotless it can't have been used much and I was right - the disk has 88 days use on it. For some reason the it came bundled with a RM-109U remote that belongs with a HDR2000T plus its Liteon power supply.

The RM-109U also controls the HD(R) Fox T2 but has a few seldom-used buttons missing and only controls the HDR and TV using the MDB1.3_01 code library.

I know as I picked up a 1GB DTR-1010 for £15 from a charity shop on Saturday just for the HDD, reasoning that as the remote was spotless it can't have been used much and I was right - the disk has 88 days use on it. For some reason the it came bundled with a RM-109U remote that belongs with a HDR2000T plus its Liteon power supply.
That partially depends on what you consider is a "seldom-used button".
One man's seldom-use buttons can be another man's essential buttons. The RM-109U can not pause the HD(R) Fox T2. It also cannot pause a DTR-T1010.
I use some of its the other lacking buttons with an HDR-FOX T2 remote every time I use an HDR-FOX T2.

The RM-109U also has many posts about how short its life span is. What I finally purchased when an RM-109U for an HDR-2000T remote quickly aged was to purchase the default remote for the HDR-1800T.

The RM-109U is one to avoid paying for even if you have an HDR-2000T, but even if it free would only be suitable for an HDR-FOX T2 if you are desperate.

Last edited:
The RM-109U can not pause the HD(R) Fox T2. It also cannot pause a DTR-T1010
You're right - the it's just got a play/pause button that only sends the play code so it's a toggle.

I should have investigated further. When time and inclination coincide I'll go through the DTR-1010 one to see how its codes compare - many years back we were doing interactive point-of-sale displays using repurposed digital photo frames (Remember them?) so I built a bit of kit to decode IR remote codes.

Back