FoxT2 Hootoo connection

Summarising this thread (which is not, after all, in the CF section), the OP originally wanted help to get iPlayer going. Despite continual complaints of not being tech-savvy and not willing to apply effort, she (I presume) was encouraged enough to find a suitable UPD, then download and install 1.03.13.

To be fair, it was one of us (not me!) who persuaded her to try out the CF. It is entirely possible the extra facility it offers is not worth the effort, for some.
I would read all the instructions myself, but i am far too lazy, only have 5 seconds left, and you guys are just sooooo super helpful.
Removing the CF can be as simple as re-flashing 1.03.13. There's no real need to clean up.

I think we've been too harsh in this instance, although the comments stand in general. As there has been a passage of time, the history was no longer in my scratchpad memory.

Just as I was feeling contrite, the OP sent me a PM... which would have been fair enough had it not been locked from replying! I don't know how, I'm not familiar with that function, but it doesn't seem reasonable to me that anyone can send one-way PMs. Any remorse has now evaporated.

Had I been able to reply, I would have said that I was explaining why people get ratty when users seem not to be educating themselves, and not to take it personally because frequently posts are read in isolation and taken at face value.

which would have been fair enough had it not been locked from replying! I don't know how
I think that happens when someone starts a conversation and then leaves it, leaving the recipient as the only party to it.

Perhaps hummydummy would have been a more appropriate name for him/her/it.

Just as I was feeling contrite, the OP sent me a PM... which would have been fair enough had it not been locked from replying! I don't know how
When you start a new conversation, there is a check box above the "Start conversation" button which is captioned "Lock conversation (no responses will be allowed)".

Back