Freeview Channel Update Info

Can anybody recommend a good source for keeping ahead of the curve with updates these days?
I used to use a516digital until it closed down when I switched to RXTVInfo. However, for the past month
all that ever returns is an error message saying 'This site can't provide a secure connection'.
Any other good sources of advance info out there?

Having spotted multiple pop-ups on screen about a 4th November shuffle I looked at the Freeview site and noticed that all LCNs from 24 to 54 are moving down one. Looks like that is to accomodate BBC4 in Scotland at LCN 24. Yet another retune. :mad:

Having spotted multiple pop-ups on screen about a 4th November shuffle I looked at the Freeview site and noticed that all LCNs from 24 to 54 are moving down one. Looks like that is to accomodate BBC4 in Scotland at LCN 24. Yet another retune. :mad:

I think you mean all LCNs from 24 to 54 are moving UP one.

It depends... the LCNs are increasing by 1, but they are moving down the list, as lower numbers are seen as better and therefore higher up the list in precedence terms.
Just stating "moving up" or "moving down" without qualifying it is unhelpful.

Jeez, How hard can it be?
But just to clarify for me, does this mean, for instance that itv4 will move from LCN24 to LCN 25 with the jock prog at LCN24?

Yes. From the link given in post 8 (and rearranged):

ChannelCurrent positionNew Position
BBC Four (Scotland only)5524
ITV42425
Yesterday2526
ITVBE2627
ITV2+12728
E4+12829
4Music2930
5STAR3031
Paramount Network3132
Sony Movies3233
ITV+1 (England & Wales only)
STV+1 (Scotland only)
UTV+1 (Northern Ireland only)
Pick TV3435
QVC Beauty3536
QVC Style3637
DMAX3738
Quest Red3839
CBS Justice3940
Sony Movies Action4041
Food Network4142
HGTV4243
Gems TV4344
Channel 5+14445
Film4 +14546
Challenge4647
4Seven4748
Sony Channel4849
TJC4950
Sony Movies Classic5051
TG45152
RTÉ One (Northern Ireland only)5253
RTÉ Two (Northern Ireland only)5354
5 Select5455

I'm not sure what the rest of us will get on LCN24, if anything, nor why Scotland should have their own version of BBC FOUR - which has no specifically Sassenach content so far as I can see. I am also dubious that "RTÉ One" and "RTÉ Two" apply nationwide (as the original material seems to imply).

Another irregularity: I might be behind the times, but my 5 Select is already on 55 - have I missed a shift to 54 and it's going back again?

Whatever, and as usual, this is a completely unnecessary change for purely political reasons. As (I believe) it is only an LCN shuffle and no transmission parameters will change, the only people who will need to implement it is those who rely on published (print or on-line) programme guides. Anyone using just the TV/PVR's EPG can continue to use their local version of LCN without noticing any difference.

Last edited:
Personally I use BBC News HD on 107 as my main "anchor" channel. My Harmony remote has a Favourites function which I use to take me to other parts of the EPG such as up top near Film4, the radio channels in the 700s and the subscription sports channels in the 400s from where I can tab up and down to easily access all the channels in that part of channel list.

I think you mean all LCNs from 24 to 54 are moving UP one.
the LCNs are increasing by 1, but they are moving down the list
Jeez, How hard can it be?
To clarify: the LCNs are going UP, and consequently the position a service occupies in the list ordered by LCN moves DOWN. It is therefore ambiguous to make any unqualified statement about moving up or down.

I'm not sure what the rest of us will get on LCN24, if anything, nor why Scotland should have their own version of BBC FOUR
You won't get anything. It's not their own version of BBC FOUR, it's the same as everybody else's but on a different LCN, as LCN 9 is already used in Scotland for BBC Scotland.
Quite why BBC Scotland can't go on LCN 24 and LCN 9 be left for BBC FOUR everywhere is beyond me.
I am also dubious that "RTÉ One" and "RTÉ Two" apply nationwide (as the original material seems to imply).
They are only specific to Northern Ireland as they're on the NI Mux.
Another irregularity: I might be behind the times, but my 5 Select is already on 55 - have I missed a shift to 54 and it's going back again?
See:
https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/127638
https://hummy.tv/forum/posts/136965
Whatever, and as usual, this is a completely unnecessary change for purely political reasons. As (I believe) it is only an LCN shuffle and no transmission parameters will change, the only people who will need to implement it is those who rely on published (print or on-line) programme guides. Anyone using just the TV/PVR's EPG can continue to use their local version of LCN without noticing any difference.
Indeed.

It's not their own version of BBC FOUR, it's the same as everybody else's but on a different LCN, as LCN 9 is already used in Scotland for BBC Scotland.
Idiots. So the table should read BBC FOUR (Scotland only)

Back