from.. Nicesplice Magic Folders

Eric

Anyone wishing to "ignore" my posts is welcome to... but as I have authored a significant proportion of the reference material on this forum, over 10% of the posts, and even quotes from my posts will become invisible if ignored, this would lose access to important details and make threads difficult to follow.

@Black Hole
stop bragging mate! this is the reason why you put others off, youve got a superiority complex or something!

ive got no beef with you personally but PLEASE do read your replies back from the perspective of others before posting as you do grate people A LOT!

we ALL know youre a work horse but that doesnt give you the right to upset others

this guy you p****d off yesterday had only joined 5 minutes before you talked down to him as if he was a moron! reading his stuff it looked like he was being quite reasonable, then i saw what you wrote TELLING him what to do AND being VERY dismissive, i knew instantly there would be a barny, and i was right. the dude said he was 69 yrs of age, have some respect man - TAKE SOME TIME OFF AND EVALUATE YOUR POSITION PLEASE

some are more thin skinned than you and we shouldnt be discouraging new people from joining or from anyone wanting to contribute content in fear youre gonna shout them down

"after all, the old die soon and the young take over"

....then where are we/this forum gonna be without new and fresh blood huh?

sorry to pull you up mate but id put a fiver that others agree as per here:

......Yes he can be a bit abrasive.....

- just tone down your rhetoric BH, take a chill pill and write pleasantly yeah, like as if you were talking to your nan or something!

sorry dude, truth hurts :unsure:

Last edited:
......but complains about the lack of facilities for those unwilling to equip themselves appropriately to make best use of it.

@Black Hole
dont try to make stuff up to quantify why YOU acted in an inpropper manner. i read his stuff and he never complained once, so dont lie mate. to me he was apologising for not being a techie person BUT was willing to help in some other way such as testing etc.

2+2 = 5 in your book doesnt it?

also why should a person spend money on stuff they dont want or cant afford (he's a 69 yr old pensioner) just to satisfy you?

youre a snob!!

grow up man!

That's simply ridiculous. Count the "likes", and who they're from. End of.

Are you a net contributor, or just a passive consumer?

Last edited:
I think I would object to somebody doing that for money

What business is that of your's. I read his comments and he said he was willing to, if that's what it took for someone to realise his wish. So don't make out it was some underhanded backroom deal.

Is there a law against it?.... is that in breach of the terms of this site?.... NO! - it's a private matter.

Stop behaving like a spoilt brat and grow up!

Please stop putting a spin on other member's comments to make you "appear" in the right, just because you disagree with them or have some inbuilt personal problem, and can't communicate in a friendly manner like normal human beings!

As probably one of only a few females on this forum i think you're attitude stinks and you are definitely a bully!

Please can a Moderator give this chap a written warning or something as he is becoming very offensive generally, not to mention RUDE!

Oh, another newcomer!

A large number of people have contributed to the CF, wiki, and forum, voluntarily and for no financial gain whatsoever. It is entirely reasonable that nobody should make money from the efforts others have freely given.

Inappropriate Behaviour
He has no idea how all this works, how easy or difficult it would be

Of course he doesn't, he said he only just joined!!!

You are a pig, and your manners are lacking in the social department. STOP IT NOW!

Or leave this forum forever! - you are putting off more users (hopefully woman) from joining

We have no duty of care (beyond reasonable measures to ensure any software is not actually harmful): anyone using the Custom Firmware and associated software does so entirely of their own volition, at their own risk, and with their own responsibility to ensure they are sufficiently aware of the implications. If it doesn't do what they want, they always have the option not to use it and accept what Humax designed in off-the-shelf, as purchased.

What on earth are you talking about? - this has nothing to do with that other chaps very simple request. STOP talking out of your backside NOW!

In case somebody is willing to pick this up:

I suggest the crop process is sent a switch to invert the crop selection if an indicator dummy folder is present in the nicesplice magic folder, eg any folder name commencing "[invert" (case insensitive). This should avoid any modifications to the nicesplice binary.

WHY could you not of just wrote this from the get go, instead of pretending YOU'RE the victim, and spewing all that utter nonsense

Jesus Christ your personality is absolutely disgusting - and IF you bully ME in the same way, i will inform my husband and world war 3 will be on your ass!

** TAKE A WEEK BREAK FROM THIS FORUM NOW PLEASE! *

I can't speak for the other software developers on the Humax but I think it is fair to say that in general:
  • We are not motivated by money, no-one makes a penny from the work and if we were paid minimum wages no one could afford to use the CF
  • I am retired and the only people allowed to tell me what to do with time are the wife and granddaughter :)
  • We only work on things that:
    • Are useful to us personally
    • Are an interesting challenge
    • Are useful to a significant number of other
  • I have a long to do list of potential projects (Humax and otherwise), SWMBO has a different and longer list :( I don't know how I ever found time for paid work.
  • I am a Master of Procrastination and can always find something more interesting to do
I am probably the current owner of nicesplice and magic folders in @Drutt's absence since I needed to make changes to support detectads but personally I don't use the Magic folders functionality so would not use it, nor is it a sufficiently interesting challenge for me to rank it highly on my to-do list.

However all is not lost in that it does tie in with one of my other pipe dreams and the invert crop and decrypt magic folders might form part of that item, if it ever gets off the ground. I have long given up projecting completion dates so it could be later this year or never.

Oh, another newcomer!

@Black Hole

please dont abuse your position and please DO NOT disrespect newcomers - they will be the future of this forum eventually.
I also think that being rude and obnoxious to a woman is extremely sexist and you should behave like a gentlemen - this is 2019 not 1919!

youre behaving like a misogynist and i know you can do better

i'm trying to help you dude!

do yourself a favour, apologise to her, if not for your content, then at least your tone and then take some well earned time off.

as i said before we all know you contribute massively but this has to stop now before a moderator kicks you out, then where would this forum be and where would you be?

That's simply ridiculous. Count the "likes", and who they're from. End of.

@Black Hole

dont be daft, you can't base your case/viewpoint around some arbitrary "like" tool - c'mon stop it now and move on yeah?

think objectively and see that all of your whinging and very long justification responses were totally unnecessary, and they were NOT a positive 'contribution' on this forum - no one likes self pity.

see your comments from an outsiders perspective - you know you didnt need to write all that baloney, and as was said by Sarah, why couldnt you of just replied with the answer you eventually gave to Stardust's request that he was originally looking for in the first place!.... (below)

in case somebody is willing to pick this up:

I suggest the crop process is sent a switch to invert the crop selection if an indicator dummy folder is present in the nicesplice magic folder, eg any folder name commencing "[invert" (case insensitive). This should avoid any modifications to the nicesplice binary.

I can't speak for the other software developers on the Humax but I think it is fair to say that in general:
  • We are not motivated by money, no-one makes a penny from the work

@MymsMan

totally agree but in the context of what @Stardust was asking, he was just trying to offer another route to obtaining the request that he wanted. it's not fair to take BH version of events from his posts (above) only, as they would be obviously skewed.

we have to cut some slack with newbies, i think he honestly meant well - and possibly there may well be some other like minded users (member or non members) who would also benefit from the new tool...?

i read both Stardust and BH comments and didn't objectively see any wrong doing or back-handedness by Startdust

anyway, i'm happy to help you in any way to achieve Stardust's simple and fair request - an invert crop or bookmark at position 0, so he can do the stuff he wants to do via remote control

Last edited:
Anyone wishing to "ignore" my posts is welcome to... but as I have authored a significant proportion of the reference material on this forum, over 10% of the posts, and even quotes from my posts will become invisible if ignored, this would lose access to important details and make threads difficult to follow.

On the other hand, my equilibrium will no doubt improve enormously if I click "ignore" on Stardust.
boo! - (stinks of self pity)

sounds like sour grapes to me! - how old is this guy.... 12 !!

@MartinLiddle
can we have a 'thumbs down' button (dislike) please. seems unfair to only have a thumbs up (like) button......?

after all we are now living in a politically correct world, with social equalness !

i'm serious about this, we should be able to dislike stupid posts. how much effort would be required Martin? thanks

my posts is welcome to
not to mention grammatically incorrect - it should be "are welcome" - LOL ;)

chin up 'black hole' you're just being served the dish you've been feeding everyone else for the last 8 years, LOL

Last edited:
boo! - (stinks of self pity)

sounds like sour grapes to me! - how old is this guy.... 12 !!

chin up 'black hole' you're just being served the dish you've been feeding everyone else for the last 8 years, LOL
FINALLY someone who speaks up for us little people! THANK YOU @Mclaren - where have you been all these years when we needed you!!

There's a 'clique' on this forum - you'll get to see it eventually - (a boys club, as it were) - and it goes right up to senior level (you know who you are!) - it's disgusting in the 21st century!

we need FAIRNESS and BALANCE, if this forum is to survive!!!

@MartinLiddle
can we have a 'thumbs down' button (dislike) please. seems unfair to only have a thumbs up (like) button......?

after all we are now living in a politically correct world, with social equalness !

i'm serious about this, we should be able to dislike stupid posts. how much effort would be required Martin? thanks
@MartinLiddle
@af123

I SECOND THAT - MOTION PASSED !!! - now make it happen please

FINALLY someone who speaks up for us little people! THANK YOU @Mclaren - where have you been all these years when we needed you!!

There's a 'clique' on this forum - you'll get to see it eventually - (a boys club, as it were) - and it goes right up to senior level (you know who you are!) - it's disgusting in the 21st century!
WOH! - what have i got myself into! LOL

seems like you to have history

...anyway my request is 100% serious, so Moderators let's make it happen yeah! - a "dislike" button please

@Mclaren
I've no wish to antagonize and have kept out of this thread ( and the discontinued one), but I'm certain using phrases such as "for any of you snooty members" isn't very conducive in encouraging those who have spent many years developing the CF to help anyone's wish list.

As for new members wading in with their boots on, where are your contributions to the forum over the past nine or ten years that the FoxT2 has been around? ( All take and no give?)
As for those playing the OAP card, well, quite a few of us are well into that category and enjoy the learning experience the contributors to the CF give us, even though some of it is beyond our comprehension and need.
As my time is important too, I've kept these comments deliberately short. ;)

@Mclaren
using phrases such as "for any of you snooty members" isn't very conducive
I actually wanted to draw a line in the sand but now seeing as you've raised this, i've felt the need to say the following:

I respect your right to reply @RobH1 and in response, WE ALL know that with reference to the word 'snooty' it's squarely aimed at Black Hole, who from mine, and several other members point of view over the years - (with myself being an avid reader for 8 years) - seems to "bully" his arguments across without a thought for how others might interpret them. If he can't speak in a manner conducive to a senior member (as quoted by someone yesterday), and use words that do not cause conflict, and therefore discourage normal and nice users to join, debate, and suggest ideas, then he (and like minded others) have no business being on a public site - agreed?

No one gives a damn in the grand scheme of things, who has contributed what, and for how long - we are all equal on here, and the outside world.

I'm fed up with the oldies ganging up on the newbies, it's disgraceful.

THIS IS A PUBLIC SPACE, IT's NOT YOUR's NOR ANYONE ELSE'S PRIVATE CLUB - unless of course you change the rules - so until that time we are ALL free to vocalise our disdain at Black Hole, and others who gang up on "normal" fair people such as myself, and the users yesterday.

The famous massive argument many years back over the correct terminology and use of "...to ftp..." Black Hole completely threw his toys out the pram, yet when anyone else says anything, they all gang up and ALWAYS take his side, which is completely unfair!

If you don't want new members, then so be it - close the door. If you do, then you all have to respect that other's may disagree with the likes of Black Hole, and will firmly put him in his place.

I suggest the actual owners of this website/forum have a real think about what this space is supposed to be - it's purpose - and it's philosophy - and create a code of conduct that is judged by all (not exclusive to length of service or content creation volume) and it should be in a balanced, fair and EQUAL way - and not by the few remaining members who have outstayed their welcome! There are enough of us new members who can take over the mantle and move this forum into the 21st century

I formally request to be such a new "balanced" moderator who will take Black Hole and his gang to task, as soon as they step out of line - because clearly you're all scared of him! - he is NOT being told off at all.

Saying all that we truly want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all you seniors (not age, only length of membership) - creating and continuing the legacy of the Custom Firmware programme (in this specific section of the hummy), but the length of time served here should never be used by members to "flex their muscles" - agreed?

The seniors (not all - only the pro Black Hole gang) - can't have it both ways, shout when you don't like someone else's viewpoint, or reasonable suggestion, and then moan and whine when others are tying to balance out the argument, that's not democracy - ......isn't it important to want a fair and equal society and forum/website???

The owners need to get moderators who will also pull-up the likes of Black Hole.

I can take it on the chin, but can Black Hole....? based on his pathetic so called argument yesterday (which has unfortunately been deleted by af123) obviously not.

Last edited:
I did not conclude from your "for any of your snooty members" jibe that you were referring to any particular member and I object to your using my comment to launch a diatribe against another member, senior or otherwise.

@Mclaren
I've no wish to antagonize and have kept out of this thread ( and the discontinued one), but I'm certain using phrases such as "for any of you snooty members" isn't very conducive in encouraging those who have spent many years developing the CF to help anyone's wish list.
Sorry i completely forgot to add that of course if ANYONE is offended with ANYONE's word choice on ANY post/thread, they should be able to challenge that member, and if accepted, the wording should be changed.

I think i made my point for when BH reads this, but in the interests of getting back to the thread topic, i will of course change it now.

I hope that is agreeable, BUT the post remains as it's trying to help with the implementation of a new "magic folder" called [decrypt]

Cheers @RobH1 for your post

Last edited:
Back