Front Panel Compatibilty

Brydo666

Hello,

I decided recently to switch from Sky Q to Freeview as we only watch FTA channels. I purchased an HDR-Fox T2 following recommendation on AV Forums. I've already removed the film from the front display and will make an effort to install custom firmware once our aerial is installed.

Unfortunately our box has some minor scuffs on the front, they aren't bad but if I could source a new front panel I'd like to replace it. The casing for the DTR-T1000 box looks identical, if I were to source a front panel from one of those is it a direct fit? Sure it would say "Youview" on it but if it looked new we'd be happy.

Are any other fronts compatible that I could look for? The digital display is really bright with the film removed so it's only the plastic panel/fascia I'd like to swap if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Brydo.

The short answer (which is in that hardware thread) is yes. You can use the whole T1000 front panel (and remove the film again). I don't know but I'd expect the plastic casing to be swappable too.

The digital display is really bright with the film removed
Once you have custom firmware installed, investigate the redring package as that allows you to control the brightness if it's too bright. It's a good idea to set it to less than 100% as the brightness will decrease over time and you'll be able to increase it again to compensate.

Back