Front Panel: Dim blue led light

Hello.

One of my recorders font panel has such low blue led intensity (circular power button) that purple dual-recording display is not possible.
I've looked at the PCB but can't be sure where the fault lies (all 4 blue LED's look dim compared to a working one), resistor and soldering look OK.
I've tried maxing out blue (and dimming red) with the redring package but with limited success.
I moved the front panel to another Humax and the problem stayed with the panel.

Any ideas?

P.S. Not relevant but FYI: I've removed the orange film on all my Humax HDR's. That's fine, intensity varys presumably due to varying ware.

Blue LEDs don't last as long as red, green, yellow ones, or should I say the ones made 10 years ago don't

OK, thank you.

So if I simply replace the 4 LED's then all should be good?
If so do you have any specific recommendation on suitable blue LED's? (or any generic will do).

I would say that the Blue LEDs are the most likely cause of your problem, compared to other factors, e.g. the power supply, the LEDs switching device or the resistor

I don't have have any recommendations for replacement LEDs, but if they are being fed by a single current limiting resistor, you need to get 4 identicle LEDs so that they share the available current equally

Back