ftp 503 Bad sequence of commands.

sohlinux

Hi,

Anyone know why im getting the following while trying to connect to the humax hdr t2 with ftp?

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 Welcome to connection.
Command: USER root
Response: 332 Need account for login.
Command: PASS *****
  • Response: 503 Bad sequence of commands.
Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

The FTP server that is on the Humax by default only implements a subset of the FTP protocol (and is pretty unstable besides). I imagine your FTP client is sending commands it doesn't recognise. In particular passive mode isn't supported so I'd start by trying to switch the client to active.

With the custom firmware, there's the option to install a better FTP server.

User name = "Humax", password = "0000" (unless you've changed the pass code in the Humax settings, same as you need to get to the installation menu).

User name = "Humax", password = "0000" (unless you've changed the pass code in the Humax settings, same as you need to get to the installation menu).

I tried both user names root and humax and password 0000, I also tried the same password which I set in the web interface but non of them will work

ssh will not work either

now the ftp is ok, anyone know why ssh will not work? should the default password be the same as ftp? so root/0000 or humax/0000?, anyway neither of those work on my box :(

Hmm... I have "Humax" in my FTP credentials - strange!

Edit: I just had a play and both "humax" and "humaxftp" worked (on an HD-FOX with betaftp installed).

Hmm... I have "Humax" in my FTP credentials - strange!

yes I thought it was too, just checked the webinf, it says betaftpd is installed so maybe its not the standard

still ssh doesnt work, do you know what the default credentials are?

thanks

Betaftp doesn't care what is used for the username in general. It just distinguishes between root and non-root.

SSH is only available if you have installed the custom firmware and dropbear-ssh package.

To get BetaFTP working you need to also disable the built-in FTP server. Default SSH credentials are root/humax

Betaftp doesn't care what is used for the username in general. It just distinguishes between root and non-root.

I'll have another look when I get home, my HDRs don't have betaftp installed (I use file share in general).

Back