FVP-5000T won’t record after new hdd installation

Steviebentley

Hi all
so I’ve just put a seagate video 2tb (I know some people say seagate pipeline is the hdd to get but my old 4000t had a seagate video and this box originally had a Toshiba hdd inside) hdd in my fvp-5000t and now although the drive is seen by the system it won’t record I just get the little grey broken icon, before I installed it I hooked it up to my pc and formatted it to FAT32 which is hopefully right, I’ve tried to format it whilst it’s been in the system aswell just to see if that might make a difference but I just get a message on screen saying “cannot format this storage now because a recording will start soon” even though nothing is set to record, I’ve also tried HDD Test but it’s been going nearly an hour now and nothings happening, the new hdd is fine I tested it before installing and it seems to be absolutely perfect, so now I’m lost, has anyone dealt with this problem before or know what to do? Any help would be fantastic.

Last edited:
You must use the menus to format the storage, unless you know exactly what disk structure the FVP-5000T requires and can reproduce it faithfully. A factory reset appears in order.

The one format a disk in a Humax High Definition recorder won’t be is FAT32 as it limits the recorded file size to an unsuitably low value of 4GB - easily exceeded when recording HiDef. BH is right, use the reset with format option from the Humax menu.
[F]Settings/System Settings/Factory Default/Reset All Settings & Format HDD

So I’ve finally sorted it out I basically took the 500gb drive out again this afternoon and put the new drive in and it formatted throught the humax system first time and all seems to be fine now, not to sure what was different this time around but I’m happy so I can’t complain. Thanks for the help @Black Hole and @EEPhil it was very much appreciate.

Back