FVP4000T some catchup missing

Jeddy

This seems weird. The round available on catchup logo is missing on loads of programs yet to be broadcast, although is available on a few (e.g. BBC2 The Great British Sewing Bee and Beechgrove on Weds around 02:00).
Looking at previous programs, large amounts of time have programs missing and just have No programme information, e.g. if I go back now there is nothing until 13:00 today, before 07:00ish today is again missing until a few hours on Sun a.m. etc.
I can watch a prog if available on catchup and it displays if I select it directly, but selecting e.g. iplayer I just get something went wrong.

I also have problems with my Fox-T2.

Is there some sort of general problem I'm not aware of please?
Jeddy

iplayer doesn't work, I just get the 'sorry' message suggesting a temporary problem. Although I'm less fussed about the fox as I normally use the 4000.
It's probably not relevant, but programs which were in the EPG from 18:00 to 20:00 are no longer displaying, I just get the No programme information, but I suspect it doesn't work like that.

I just get the 'sorry' message suggesting a temporary problem.
That's the BBC's end.

It's probably not relevant, but programs which were in the EPG from 18:00 to 20:00 are no longer displaying, I just get the No programme information, but I suspect it doesn't work like that.
Which unit are you talking about there? That's the problem with talking about two things in one thread (and not even in the right place).

Cool, let's ignore the fox (that doesn't have catchup anyway and was more meant as a throw away comment in case it pointed to something else).
Everything else relates to the 4000. Future programs don't always have the 'available on catchup' logo when they should and segments of historical EPG are missing. I can only use on demand via historical EPG for bits of it which are present, the manual selection of iplayer etc., don't work / give error messages.
Thanks

No suggestions as to why I'm only getting intermittent catch-up information on the 4000?
Please could you do a test giving specific examples of problems giving channel and time and I will try and repeat here to see if it is a wide ranging problem or specific to your box. How is the FVP connected to the Internet?

Thanks guys, I wasn't aware the info came from internet servers. FWIW I'm in the Southern area - Rowridge, but if we're talking servers that's probably not relevant.
Right now I'm just getting No Programme Information looking back and no Catchup info for future progs at all. Watching BBC1 South around 18:30

You can tell which progs you can watch on catchup as they have a play symbol with a circle around it don't they. Now if you look for future progs you can tell which progs will be available on catchup as they have a play symbol with a dashed circle around it. Or had you never noticed that?

Now if you look for future progs you can tell which progs will be available on catchup as they have a play symbol with a dashed circle around it.
On youview the play symbol for future programmes means that they are already available. Are Humax FVPs not the same?

I can't check right now :(
As I recall, it's a play symbol with a dashed circle if it will be available or a play symbol with a solid circle if it is already available. Hopefully someone with a working catch-up can confirm.

If it works anything like iPlayer, future programmes are only available to play ahead of time if they have been broadcast previously, recently. New programmes are not available for streaming until broadcast.

The EPG data from the aerial only shows future programme Information, past programme information has to come from cached EPG data or from the Internet. Therefore past programme information shows what is available to stream (not all programmes are, or are only available for a short time), and future programme information is mostly what you can set to record and not necessarily programmes you can stream.

Is the "problem" just a misunderstanding of what is to be expected/possible?

Last edited:
At it's most basic level, the problem is that when I click left to look at history, I just get 'No Programme Information' instead a list of what was on together with an indication of which are available on catch-up.
The PVR is connected via WiFi - I can possibly try changing that to PoE, good idea thanks.

I can't check right now :(
As I recall, it's a play symbol with a dashed circle if it will be available or a play symbol with a solid circle if it is already available. Hopefully someone with a working catch-up can confirm.
That rings a bell. I wish I hadn't asked.

{Edit: I now remember. A solid circle means that you have already recorded a broadcast of that episode. A dotted circle means that you have not recorded it but it is already available on catch-up.]

But on the other hand ....
If it works anything like iPlayer, future programmes are only available to play ahead of time if they have been broadcast previously, recently. New programmes are not available for streaming until broadcast.
Nope.
A current example is series 3 of Killing Eve where episodes are available on iPlayer 6 days before broadcast.
A previous example is series 2 of Killing Eve where all episodes of series 2 where available on iPlayer an hour after the first episode was broadcast on BBC DTT.

Last edited:
FWIW, my broadband comes over 4G via 4G router (Three), don't know if they could have somehow disabled a feature due to excess demand?

At it's most basic level, the problem is that when I click left to look at history, I just get 'No Programme Information' instead a list of what was on together with an indication of which are available on catch-up.
My historic EPG is fully populated at the moment. It does sound like an Internet issue to me.
The PVR is connected via WiFi - I can possibly try changing that to PoE, good idea thanks.
Googling PoE abbreviation brings up 68 possibilities none of which strike me as appropriate. Do you mean ethernet over power aka Powerline or Homeplug? I do think that trying a different connection that doesn't involve 4G might help.

Back