FVP5000T Showing no recordings

Out of nowhere my FVP5000T has started having this problem. When I turn it on it says “network disconnected”, the time stamp is wrong, there are no recordings in the list, and I can’t get it to start recording by using the remote. If I set a recording it starts, then craps out after 1 minute. All that works is turning off the power and on again so it reboots. I’ve done a factory reset, but without reformatting the HDD. Any suggestions to cure this?

So, if I move all my recordings to the external SSD I have connected to it, will they still play once I format the main HDD?

More correctly they appear to have disappeared when you start up - but a reboot magically makes them reappear. It's a known issue, but I've not yet seen a definitive solution - most say "start a recording and then they'll reappear" but 1) I cant start a recording when it's in that state, the red button of the remote does nothing and b) the next scheduled recording always fails. I agree I'll probably end up re-formatting the drive, but there are things I don't want to loose - and Humax being Humax, I will if I swap boxes / HDD's etc.

To add to this, I’m so pissed off at Humax’s performance and quality - this is my third pvr from them and each time I’ve had majorly inconvenient issue like replacing HDD’s, or buying a new box and not being able to play recordings from another box that were on an external drive, never mind the dreadful laggy OS and my current disappearing recordings issue - that I’ve just bought a Manhattan T3-R. Not as much functionality (only 2 tuners, so like my old Topfield) but much, much better reviews, and UK support you can phone. I’ll just have to get into the habit of using the (seamless) catch-up watchlist function when I get a recording clash.

Back