GB News sound

greywizard

I know when GB News started there were numerous complaints about sound etc. I run off of Mendip TX and the sound of GB News is constantly much lower than all
other channels whether it be direct feed from aerial or via 2000T. Anybody else have same situation? Also is GB News trying to save on their lighting bill, seems very dull
to other news providers.

whether it be direct feed from aerial or via 2000T... Anybody else have same situation?
Why do you think that would make any difference to the sound? It's digitally coded. Of course other people have it. Everybody gets the same thing.
Ugh.

"This is a repeat of Dewbs&Co" is coming out on their scrolling caption currently . Somebody obviously forgot to include an entity decode somewhere to make it "... Dewbs&Co".
I see this all over the place on internet news sites though, so that bit of incompetence is not limited to them.

I haven't bothered trying to tune in. Not even sure what mux it's on.
I have. But what with the fuzzy picture quality, the poor sound, the other cock-ups and, not forgetting, the useless presenters, I'm thinking of getting rid of the channel. I would have expected better from Andrew Neil.
"This is a repeat of Dewbs&Co"
:rolling:
I get that on my prescriptions. Not Dewbs&Co of course, but & 

all over the place.

EEPhil
I would have thought that OFCOM would have, somewhere in their T&C's, a minimum standard for quality of broadcasting.
Obviously not. Gave it another peek today - still no better. I guess they are just in it for the money!

I would have thought that OFCOM would have, somewhere in their T&C's, a minimum standard for quality of broadcasting.
Many years ago, when there were three analogue TV channels, ITV was regulated by ITA later IBA. They had strict monitoring of quality There is a publication “IBA Technical Review 2:Technical Reference Book” that gives a list of 87 vision and 37 sound faults. Each programme was graded in each ITV region. Obviously that system has gone now. Something similar may exist but I see no evidence of it.

Back