Getting failed recordings

Robti

Hi can anyone help with the followin, is my drive failing
0A2DB41C-3AE4-4AAD-A48E-1983E8FA184C.png

Attachments

• 6BDEB325-7170-4E01-893E-9627E9A6DA3C.png
    6BDEB325-7170-4E01-893E-9627E9A6DA3C.png
    732.4 KB · Views: 19
I presume you have reacted because the WebIF flashed up an alarm. Reallocated sectors are perfectly normal, and are the result of self-repair. So long as that stabilises, there's nothing to worry about and there's no need for intervention.

Worry if the figure continues to increase, not just occasionally.

"Offline Uncorrectable" would require intervention with fixdisk.

This in itself doesn't explain failed recordings, but there's no harm in running fixdisk to be sure.

I presume you have reacted because the WebIF flashed up an alarm. Reallocated sectors are perfectly normal, and are the result of self-repair. So long as that stabilises, there's nothing to worry about and there's no need for intervention.

Worry if the figure continues to increase, not just occasionally.

"Offline Uncorrectable" would require intervention with fixdisk.

This in itself doesn't explain failed recordings, but there's no harm in running fixdisk to be sure.
Run fixdisk every couple of months last time a couple of weeks back

Not failing based on that data. What make and model of hard drive please?
Will update tomorrow basically an old 2Tb seagate from a sky box, been running fine for years now but in the last few weeks I’m getting a few failed recordings

Tell us exactly what the on-screen message says when you try to play a failed recording. Also: what you were trying to record.

Not a lot we can tell you then. Next time it happens, keep it for analysis. The usual reason for a lightning strike icon and a zero length recording is when the start-of-programme ID flag was not broadcast within the valid start-of-programme time window.

Not a lot we can tell you then. Next time it happens, keep it for analysis. The usual reason for a lightning strike icon and a zero length recording is when the start-of-programme ID flag was not broadcast within the valid start-of-programme time window.
Thanks for taking the time to reply I will update the next time it happens and keep the file

The Womens Euros could also cause problems if any of the matches go to extra time.

I wrote schedchk to try to detect and fix last minute schedule change but not all overruns are reflected in the epg.

The BBC early evening news of Friday 8th - during Wimbledon - was scheduled for recording here but there was no trace of it. Nothing in the activity log and no warning of a failed recordiing. The following local news was recorded OK.

The BBC early evening news of Friday 8th - during Wimbledon - was scheduled for recording here but there was no trace of it. Nothing in the activity log and no warning of a failed recordiing. The following local news was recorded OK.
That did not record for me either. As Tuesday 5th was also delayed and did not record either I was on the look out. On Friday's I was thinking that the BBC may have done what they the BBC have done before and used a different series CRID for the rescheduled programme, but I'm not 100% sure that I checked.

Last night (7/13) the BBC 10pm news failed to track on my Humax but it did record successfully on my HDHomeRun using dvrOnTime which is very strange since the News was delayed and the splitter for the HDHomeRun is on the Output from the Humax

I was thinking that the BBC may have done what they the BBC have done before and used a different series CRID for the rescheduled programme,
My first thought was the BBC had done one of their periodic changes of CRID for the news. But it was marked to record in the schedule and future ones were also marked too so I just took it as one of those things that happen. The lack of any warning about the non-recording was odd.

But it was marked to record in the schedule and future ones were also marked too so I just took it as one of those things that happen. The lack of any warning about the non-recording was odd.
The lack of any warning about the non-recording was odd.
I also saw Friday's specific episode in my schedule. in advance.
Butt if the reschedule had used a different series CRID that may account for the lack on any post warning.

I've now remember why I thought it was a series CRID change when I don't think I actually checked. When I looked at the schedule at about 18:10 it was showing the next episode to record as Saturday's.

Update tried to record the bling ring on bbc1 Scotland hd and get a failed recording, but the next recording an hour later on bbc2 hd recorded okay

Recording failed: unable to track program

Any help ?
Thanks

Back