Ghost text in OPT+menu

makem

/media/My Video

The 'Rename' option appears to have a ghost 'Upload' behind it. It looks as it it is caused by the menu being truncated when a selection is made on the 4th OPT+ from the top and those below.

/media/My Video

The 'Rename' option appears to have a ghost 'Upload' behind it. It looks as it it is caused by the menu being truncated when a selection is made on the 4th OPT+ from the top and those below.
Probably some browser oddity, I don't see anything (Firefox)
Post a sceenshot to show what you are seeing

I am using Firefox in xubuntu

Edit: When I select 'Download' it plays the movie. I thought it used to download it.

Last edited:
Folders, normal .ts recordings, and other files all have different Opt+ options
Folder download is not supported

Yes, I chose a folder in error. The files I meant were not folders - just single saved media streamed content which I can only play, not download.

I found another ghost too.

What the heck does this have to do with the forum section it's posted in: "Site/Forum Issues" - should be in Custom Firmware shirley?

So these things I am experiencing are not caused by the site changes? Ok, thank you. They have never occurred in the past.

Ok, now we understand jokes etc, can I ask for assistance with the 'ghosts'? They appear in the mentioned menus on both machines so if not a site issue it must by my issue so I ask for assistance.

It is probably local to the browser you are using, do you see the same affect when accessing the humax boxes from other browsers/ devices.
Try clearing browser cache, restarting browser

I installed Chrome and that worked fine, so it is browser related. Cearing data etc did not work.

Do you have adblock or similar installed?
Try disabling for the webif - sometimes blocks intended for one page can have strange cause effects on other pages

Edit: When I select 'Download' it plays the movie. I thought it used to download it.
Possibly, but what ever the reason for the difference now, in firefox you can change the default for each different file extension.
See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...or-when-open-file#w_changing-download-actions
Try CTL+0 to reset the zoom options.
Also have you changed the text default options? If you have firefox sync through a firefox account then this could have impacted both machines.

I disabled the adblocker - no change

Resetting zoom options - no change

Default text options - never changed.

I only use one machine, a one with xubuntu installed. I don't use a FF account. Anyone else using linux and FF?

FF options for file extensions have never been changed. All are set to ask except pdf and mailto.

I disabled the adblocker - no change

Resetting zoom options - no change

Default text options - never changed.

I only use one machine, a one with xubuntu installed. I don't use a FF account. Anyone else using linux and FF?

FF options for file extensions have never been changed. All are set to ask except pdf and mailto.

I've had this issue in the oldish (52.9.0ESR) of Firefox under Win7 for ages. I never reported it because my FF installation has been modified within an inch of its life and so could easily have been responsible for the display glitch. Also, the Rename option emerged from the ghost when hovered over with the mouse cursor, so it wasn't a serious issue. Trying the same tests you did made no difference here also.

However, I tested it on a virgin latest FF version and it did not have the problem. Nor did latest versions of Brave, Opera, Slimjet and Vivaldi.

However, I tested it on a virgin latest FF version and it did not have the problem. Nor did latest versions of Brave, Opera, Slimjet and Vivaldi.

Thanks for that confirmation as I have given up for the moment.

I am off to parts Asia again (3 countries ;)) so don't want to mess anything more up. When I return in a few weeks I will do as you have done.

Thanks for that confirmation as I have given up for the moment.
However, I see no ghost text in the Opt+>Rename menu item in either FF 52.9/Lubuntu 14.04 or SeaMonkey 2.49.4 (same engine as FF52)/Lubuntu 16.04.

Back