Ghosts

Lots of stuff gets remade for the US. I guess it's to do with the rather parochial attitude of many Americans, so a show needs some well known American actors for people to even give it a look. Plus the humour needs to be a bit different.

I actually enjoyed both the original and US Ghosts. The American one is a bit more light-hearted I think.

There is af fairly accurate comparison of the UK vs US here:
Been a while since I saw either series but that does seem a good article.

Anyone who enjoyed the UK version should at least give the US one a try.

I didn't warm to the current US house owners
I watched iZombie which she was star of. But in Ghosts I struggled a bit with seeing her in non-zombie form, so the bit about warming is quite interesting.

I didn't warm to the current US house owners
She's quite easy on the eye

Anyone who enjoyed the UK version should at least give the US one a try.
I saw the two episodes last night, but honestly I don't see the point for a UK audience. It's like the remake of The Magnificent Seven - how is that an improvement, and if it's not an improvement why bother?

I saw the two episodes last night, but honestly I don't see the point for a UK audience.
Well, I think that's a bit sweeping. I'm UK and did find it worthwhile, but given what I know of you I'm not really surprised you didn't take to it. (That's not meant to be rude, just what it is. Good on you for trying though - many probably wouldn't.)
There are a good number of series on Netflix/Amazon that I've thought worth a punt but I've given up after one, or less, episodes. (That leads to another bugbear but OT.)

I think the US version stands up well compared to most US comedy shows based on UK originals (yes The Office I am looking at you), if not quite up to the standard of its UK progenitor. Series 2 expected soon. Thankfully, they used a different set of characters and backstories to explore rather than just cut, paste and adapt the original stories.

I think the US version stands up well compared to most US comedy shows based on UK originals (yes The Office I am looking at you), if not quite up to the standard of its UK progenitor. Series 2 expected soon. Thankfully, they used a different set of characters and backstories to explore rather than just cut, paste and adapt the original stories.
Yes the US Office was awful as was their attempt at Shameless. The Aussies are about to have a go at the Office but are making the David Brent character a woman.

Back