Good deal

Denwyn

Just ordered a new Humax FVP 500t 2tb Freeview play recorder from Argos £142.95 + £3.95 postage to replace my old Humax Fox T2 HD. Looks a good offer and if it's half as good as the old box I'll be happy. The old box gave up a week ago now, so this offer comes at the right time.

:dunno:

Why post it here (HD-FOX section)? If you've got a good deal on a FVP-5000T, why call it "FVP 500t", and why not post about it in the FVP-5000T section?

Is it really a HD-FOX you are replacing, and not a HDR-FOX??

Oops sorry my mistake. It the old HDR-FoxT2, which has given up and being replace with the new FVP-5000t. I’ll look for the right section should I need to ask anything re the new Humax in future.

Last edited:
if it's half as good as the old box I'll be happy
You must have low standards then. I'd be most unhappy if a new box was only half as good as an old one. Which is why I haven't bought a new one - because they all are only half as good (and I don't need to).

If it records and plays back ok I’ll be happy, that’s all I really need, the old Fox T2 HDR freeview box was very good, had it for about 10 years, with very little trouble, but it just packed in completely last week. I did buy a used one from EBay but it’s not reliable. £150 inc postage seems very good to me,for a new box. I didn’t want to risk wasting money on another second hand box.

Back