Good news for the Trekkies.

trog

Thanks, free is good. I had a fairly extensive wander around in Pluto TV but failed to find anything of significant interest.

I don't know what use series 4 is without series 1-3.

I moderately enjoyed series 1 though I thought it was a bit woke. I started series 2, but gave up after a couple of episodes because it, not unexpectedly, wasn't as good as S1.

So ... THEY MADE TWO MORE SERIES ?!? :eek:

@BH I was aiming more at the die hard Trek fans who have already seen the first 3 seasons. Yes I agree, unless you want some retro Baywatch or American football Pluto TV is not outstanding for sure but with every station churning out the usual dross at Christmas you need as many options as possible to find anything even slightly worth watching and even Pluto TV offers better alternatives than the banality of Mrs Brown's Boys that BBC are again inflicting on us and not just once but twice this year. at least Covid has vaccines.
@MikeSh It got better with later episodes being less focused on the main heroine and allowing the other characters to develop. As for being woke surely Star Trek was woke even before woke became a common term. Do you not remember the redneck outrage when Kirk kissed Uhura? :).

As for being woke surely Star Trek was woke even before woke became a common term. Do you not remember the redneck outrage when Kirk kissed Uhura? :).
Oh yes, but I think they were actually being a bit controversial and pushing the boundaries out. They ruffled feathers occasionally.
Discovery seemed to be trying too hard to not be controversial or push anything anywhere. Which is probably why I got bored - I like my fiction and humour to be a bit ... OK, a lot ... edgy.

Back