Has the CF Repository Gone Down?

4ndy

Woke up to the initialisation wizard on one of my boxes. After going through necessary onscreen process got it up and running but now need to reinstall webif (got Download and install full interface / telnet menu).

Running install give this:

!! ERROR - No network connectivity to package repository !!

The online repository hosted at http://hpkg.tv is not reachable.

Check your Internet connection and DNS service and then try again.

Result: CONNECT Network is unreachable

Connection seems all good my end.

It works here, so would seem to be your problem. What does tcpping hpkg.tv 80 from a Humax# command prompt say?

Thanks @prpr for the confirmation that the problem is my end. By reference to the internet settings on another box. I identified that the gateway IP address must have defaulted to zeros in the wizard process. After setting to the router IP address all seems well again. Never had to change that after previous wizard events.

At least it has added to my knowledge and understanding. Only problem now is remembering it all!

Thanks again and happy Christmas to all on here.

(Mods: you may want to move or retitle this thread)

You don't get this trouble if you use DHCP (as long as the DHCP server is contactable at the time of course, which is a possible reason not to use it - your choice).

You don't get this trouble if you use DHCP (as long as the DHCP server is contactable at the time of course, which is a possible reason not to use it - your choice
I only changed the onscreen settings from DHCP to manual as I had previously done in this situation and initial setup. The IP address was already set (by the router?) to what it was previously and it confirmed connection. It was just the Gateway IP that was wrong.

We live and learn.

Back