Has there been a new firmware issued ?

mihaid

I was greeted by the set-up the hummy from new wizard this morning. Anyone else? All channels were gone.

I was greeted by the set-up the hummy from new wizard this morning.
No new firmware. Setup wizard is a fairly well know glitch that happens to some people on a regular basis although personally I don't recollect it ever happening to me. If you search you will find a thread about the problem.

I knew of the problem I couldn't remember the reason for it. Now you mention it I remember the randomness of it. I had it in the past but not in the last couple of years probably so I forgot. Thanks.

There is some talk of it being preventable using CF to ensure the relevant flag is kept cleared, but as it occurs so infrequently it will be difficult to prove that the fix works (or doesn't work).

There is some talk of it being preventable using CF to ensure the relevant flag is kept cleared, but as it occurs so infrequently it will be difficult to prove that the fix works (or doesn't work).
Unless it's a big job or has some awkward side-effects I'd say do it. If someone reports a reset while the 'fix' is there then that would be disappointing, but if it works ... :cheers:

I can’t remember if there is any other way to tell this reset happened apart from turning the box on.

The engineering channel, which is how firmware updates were delivered, closed last week.
There can not be any more over-the-air firmware updates for any box from any manufacturer.

Back