HB-1000S Remote Control Code, Network IP Address and 2.02.01 Update

Rusty Bolt

Having given up with my HD-Fox T2 for iPlayer Access (can no one write a firmware for 1.03 usage?) I bought a HB-1000s. I have three issues with this although I am generally happy with the purchase.

1) For information.
The recent update to firmware 2.02.01 caused problems with iPlayer etc. and the programme guide before "Now". Various web posts suggested that renewing the Network Connection (Settings > Network Connection > Connect Automatically) fixed that.

2) Network IP connection.
I would prefer to set the IP address myself as with the HD-Fox T2. Does anyone know a way to do this other than capturing the MAC Address and forcing the Router to issue the address to the box.

3) Remote Control Codes
Has anyone worked out the remote control code for the HB-1000S? It is possible to change the remote IR Channel to one of 6 options as with other Humax produces (Hold "OK", press "0" for 5 seconds, wait for screen prompt and enter new option). This fixed an issue that the remote control was causing my 4 x 2 video matrix to swap inputs. However does anyone know the manufacturer's code for the remote so that 3rd party remotes including the Humax Fox T2 remote can be used for the HB-1000S?

Having given up with my HD-Fox T2 for iPlayer Access (can no one write a firmware for 1.03 usage?) I bought a HB-1000s. I have three issues with this although I am generally happy with the purchase.

1) For information.
The recent update to firmware 2.02.01 caused problems with iPlayer etc. and the programme guide before "Now". Various web posts suggested that renewing the Network Connection (Settings > Network Connection > Connect Automatically) fixed that.

2) Network IP connection.
I would prefer to set the IP address myself as with the HD-Fox T2. Does anyone know a way to do this other than capturing the MAC Address and forcing the Router to issue the address to the box.

3) Remote Control Codes
Has anyone worked out the remote control code for the HB-1000S? It is possible to change the remote IR Channel to one of 6 options as with other Humax produces (Hold "OK", press "0" for 5 seconds, wait for screen prompt and enter new option). This fixed an issue that the remote control was causing my 4 x 2 video matrix to swap inputs. However does anyone know the manufacturer's code for the remote so that 3rd party remotes including the Humax Fox T2 remote can be used for the HB-1000S?

2 Disconnect the box from your router. This will give you full manual control of the settings.

3 You don't need the manufacturers code to use any Humax remote. As delivered all units use code 1. You can change the box and remote you are using to any of the 6 codes available (including the HD FOX T2 remote). Logitech universal remotes are capable of using any of the 6 possible codes so you can set up one to control up to 6 modern Humax boxes.

Logitech universal remotes are capable of using any of the 6 possible codes so you can set up one to control up to 6 modern Humax boxes.

Have you tried all 6? One didn't work for me and I had to do it the hard way. I think Logitech farmed user customizations, so not all were made available. When I got my Touch, only code 1 was available. The code for on/off may be recognized but that doesn't mean the other codes are. I set up 6 copies of the Foxsat, did the on/off code but then got bored. Logitech happily adopted my customizations!:frantic:

Back