HD Decryption Info

Peter H

Hi,
Recently I gave up on my old Digitalstream and bought a HDR-Fox T2.
I have installed C/F and all seems to work OK.
I have also installed various programmes including auto-decrypt and set the HDR to share via "Settings".
There is a plethora of info but I cannot seem to find the preffered way to decrypt, can someone confirm if it be automatic now and point me to info including how to copy a decrypted HD file to a pc (linux)?
I am in the process of recording some HD programmes, if the files are de-crypted will they still pay on the T2?
Thanks for your patience

Peter H

You pay your money and take your choice, whatever you find most convenient. I guess most people use Method 2: Decryption Guide (click)

Decryption does not prevent playback (why would it?). There are lots of ways to transfer files, including a download option in the WebIF media browser.

if the files are de-crypted will they still p[l]ay on the T2?
The short answer is yes. Even encrypted files play on your T2 provided they were recorded on the same box. Once decrypted they should play on your T2, a different T2 or even 1800T/2000T. You can probably play them on your computer as well. (I say probably only because if you have a slow computer like mine HiDef is playable but stutters like mad)

Thanks for the posts, I will have a play with it at the weekend. I will try ftp download to PC and also removing adverts!

OK Thanks
If I have detectads installed will it remove them automajically or do I have to use the HDR in a specific way to delete them?
sorry I know I should do more reading before asking questions!

It bookmarks the start and end of adverts, and optionally will automatically crop them out. It also decrypts the programme.

I will try ftp download to PC
The CF betaftpd package provides a better FTP service than the flakey native Humax one (turn it off if you install betaftpd). You could also try installing the samba package for network file access from Windows, and/or nfs-utils for network file access in Mac/Linux. However, in my experience, for one-off downloads the WebIF media download option is fastest.

Thanks
I use Linux (Fedora 28) so will look at how to use nfs-utils when I get some time, but will try WebIF first.

Back