HD recording but showing nothing in recorded list

S.N HENDRY

hi, my hummy has gone a bit bananas.
started 1 1/2 weeks ago when unusually i spotted that the display was showing a software update (i have these set to 4 a.m, not 14.00) within hours the 'i' button lost almost all functionality ( works with guide but thats all).
then the set began to fail to record certain items; always between midnight and about 9 am.
as of yesterday the 'recorded' list disappeared. i did a couple of test records. during and shortly thereafter the recorded list showed the recording; first as incomplete and then as recorded.
however just minutes later a check in the 'recorded' list showed nothing.
i then checked the HDD capacity item, this clearly showed that the free space amount had changed (before 2 listed recordings - 1 film @ 1hr 30 and 1 half hour prog.) from c28MB down to c24MB.
so it is doing what i want, i just cant access anything.
any ideas folks?

hi, my hummy has gone a bit bananas.
started 1 1/2 weeks ago when unusually i spotted that the display was showing a software update
There hasn't been a software update for the 9200 for ages so that is not the issue.
as of yesterday the 'recorded' list disappeared.
That is a classic sign of a corrupt file system which is a well known problem. The fix is to format the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record Menu. If you want to retrieve the recordings prior to formatting then if you are prepared to open the Humax and connect the disk to a PC then the recordings can be recovered using humaxrw in Recovery mode.

Back