HDD not recognised on wake from sleep

SiErkie

Hi - I have recently upgraded the HDD in my Foxsat Recorder (standard firmware) to a 1Gb WD (WD10PURZ). Initially, everything seemed fine and the system was working without problems. But when I put the box into standby and woke it again, I got a message saying that no disk has been detected. If I turn the power off and back on again (rear power swithch) the HDD is detected and everything is back to normal (with access to all my recordings). Every time I put the device into Standby (or it sleeps according to the schedule), I get exactly the same problem when I wake it up. The box will sleep according to the programmed schedule but only wakes by pressing the front power button. Any advice gratefully received.

The drive is too fast for the sata controller in the Foxsat.
You should have used a Seagate pipeline drive.

You need a jumper fitting to pins 5 & 6 to make the drive SATA 2 compatible. Seagate drives make the adjustment automatically

The drive is too fast for the sata controller in the Foxsat.
You should have used a Seagate pipeline drive.

You need a jumper fitting to pins 5 & 6 to make the drive SATA 2 compatible. Seagate drives make the adjustment automatically

Thanks grahamlthompson - jumper fitted and box now working as normal (but with a lot more space)

Back