HDR-2000T and 2TB USB HDD

beadie

Should the 2000T be able to read a 2TB Western Digital USB HDD formatted NTFS?. I tried to view as NTFS and even created a seperate Fat32 partition but still nothing. Other posts suggest that the 2000T should be able to read/write NTFS but when I connect the drive and then click media and then storage, only the internal HDD is shown. It recognised Flash Drives fine but not the USB HDD. Thanks in advance for any help received.

My 2000T will read a 2TB Seagate drive, NTFS formatted, external power supply BUT MBR partition not GPT. When I tried a GPT partitioned drive it wasn't recognised.

Thanks all. yes the problem was GPT. Converted to MBR and now seen OK. Thanks for the advice. Much Appreciated.

Did the drive come GPT/NTFS out of the box? Curious that manufacturers are defaulting to GPT even for a 2TB drive, I may have to update Things Every... (click) section 12 (2TiB - ie 2^41 bytes - is the limit for MBR, but a drive advertised as "2TB" - which manufacturers interpret as 2x10^12 - is always smaller than 2TiB).

Did the drive come GPT/NTFS out of the box?
Obviously I can't speak for the OP. I have 2 Seagate 2T drives. The first one I bought was MBR. The second was GPT out of the box. Can't remember whether it was NTFS. As I had to re-partition the disk to MBR, I think I had to reformat it as well - so I didn't take much notice. Checking on the Seagate site just before writing this, it does seem as though they have changed their drives to be GPT out of the box.

Back