HDR-2000T capability

Peso

Greetings to all on the forum,

I'm doing some shopping for another Freeview box and am trying to check if this box will do something particular.
There are discussions here about decrypting. The only ability I would need would be to copy off HD content decrypted, preferably by ftp, though usb is ok. If its still encrypted on the HDR I don't mind.
Have I understood correctly with the Foxy software you can tweak files that enable decrypting on copying?

Many thanks for reading this.

Yes you can decrypt HD (but only on copying to usb), by using Foxy. This merely resets a flag in the .hmt sidecar fie that controls whether copying to usb decrypts. Be aware it's not a quick process.

Thanks a lot for replies. Think I'll prowel Ebay for good looking T2. Why settle for second best.

I'm shopping for a PVR to replace my Topfield TF5810. Does the HDR-2000T (or any other Humax Freeview recorder) provide these functions:
1. allow recorded programs to be stored in a folder structure like the Toppy can, eg:
Childrens programmes
US Cop shows
Railway programmes
Films
Radio programmes
etc

2. allow creation of a permanent search that will find any programmes with a given word in the title, and record them?

3. allow recorded programmes to be copied onto a PC, NAS or USB stick for viewing using a laptop or tablet

Re: post #5 (colinobj)
1) With the 2000T you can create the folder structure that colinobj wants. Unfortunately, you have to do this manually. You could then manually move programmes of the right genre to the correct folder. There is no automatic way to do this on the 2000T. It may be possible to automate this from a PC using the ftp connection - search the Humax, if Railway in title or EPG move to folder Railway. But I can see many problems.
2) Impossible on the 2000T. However, you can do a keyword search (using the remote control) and the last few (6 or 8) keywords are saved (until you add another one). You would then have to select from the search results a programme to record. Clearly this is not a permanent search.
3) see Black Hole's reply.

I'm shopping for a PVR to replace my Topfield TF5810. Does the HDR-2000T (or any other Humax Freeview recorder) provide these functions:
1. allow recorded programs to be stored in a folder structure like the Toppy can, eg:
Childrens programmes
US Cop shows
Railway programmes
Films
Radio programmes
etc

2. allow creation of a permanent search that will find any programmes with a given word in the title, and record them?

3. allow recorded programmes to be copied onto a PC, NAS or USB stick for viewing using a laptop or tablet
May I ask why you want to replace your Topfield? You've only mentioned features that the Topfield already does and so another Topfield may fit the bill!
The closest you're going to get to a Toppy is a second-hand Toppy.

The second hand price on ebay appears to have dropped a lot in the past year, so much so that I'm wondering what to with my 3 TF5800 when I get the time to kick them out (1 used and 2 smoke tested only - original (Korea), Black panther (Korea) and a made in Poland face-lifted model).

Back