HDR-2000T Remote (button problem)

Richer Sounds have now sent me an original RM-109U, and I can't get that to work either? Only the RM-109U that came with the HDR-2000T works with it (apart from the buttons that have stopped working). Am I missing something? I have pressed the PVR button, and no buttons at all works on the replacement Humax original remote. Is there something I need to do to get it to work? I have no idea why the new one won't work (as well as the two "Classic" third party ones they sent me? The PVR button lights up when you press a button and the led is definitely lighting up as I checked it with a camera pointed at it.
confused.com!

Any thoughts or help appreciated before I go nuts (or maybe that should be nuttier) :)

That's what it was. Thanks for the help! I'd totally forgotten that I'd changed the mode (or that you could do that at all) :) Now even the cheapo "Classic" remotes work too, so I have 3.5 working remotes. Now to try and figure out how to open up the temperamental old RM-109U without breaking it. :)

Ah, glad I read this thread before blaming the kids for breaking it! Mine has exactly the same, unresponsive fast forward. Unfortunately purchased in Jan 2014, so over a year old. Think I'll have a go at taking it apart and applying something conductive. I presume the origional uses some carbon based paste?

Photos 8 and 9 show the actual surfaces used in the RM-F04, as you say something carbon based rather than gold plated 'fingers'

Well, I fixed mine, after dismantling it was clear that the underside of one button was shiny and the others not. I cleaned carefully with Isopropyl Alcohol which didn't help at all.

So I stuck on a little bit of silver tape from Wickes used for joining sheets of insulation board (had some to hand), unfortunately I can't post photos due to my low post count here.

Now I can fastforward with the best of them!

Unfortunately, despite carefully prizing it apart with non-metal tools, permanent damage was done to the remote - some of the little clips that hold it together broke tiny bits off the plastic of the shell (sadly again, can't post a photo of this). But it works, which is the main thing, and the damage is barely noticeable - mostly one end.

There seems to have been many complaints about the RM-109U. Does anyone have one of these that is a) fairly old, b) been subjected to a lot of abuse, and c) still works properly? Or are they all badly build? (Mine is only ~10 months old, still works - although the "OK" logo has faded). I've set up my existing OneForAll 6 remote - just in case!

Back