HDR-FOX T2 crash: IR package problem

MontysEvilTwin

I had a HDR crash which has resulted in the IR package being uninstalled. I can't now reinstall it. This is the output I got when I tried a forced reinstall:
Web-If Diagnostics said:
>>> opkg install --force-reinstall ir
No packages removed.
Installing ir (1.07-1) to root...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/ir_1.07-1_mipsel.opk.
Humax software version: 1.03.11
This package requires CFW 2.11 or above with Humax firmware 1.02.20, .27, .28, .29, .32 or 1.03.06.
Collected errors:
* pkg_run_script: package "ir" preinst script returned status 1.
* preinst_configure: Aborting installation of ir.
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package ir.
I presume the package needs to be updated?

Not sure you used the correct syntax, it should be :-
Code:
opkg install ir --force-reinstall
on second thoughts it looks like 1.03.11 needs to be added to the acceptable software version list

Undelete has also stopped working, I can uninstall and reinstall the package but it still doesn't work. After reinstalling, when running the fix flash packages diagnostic I get the following output:
Re-installing undelete
Removing package undelete from root...
No packages removed. Installing undelete (1.6) to root...
Downloading http://hpkg.tv/hdrfoxt2/base/undelete_1.6_mipsel.opk.
Configuring undelete.
Collected errors: * pkg_run_script: package "undelete" postrm script returned status 1.

I don't think the problem with undelete is specific to 1.03.11. There is a bug in the removal script which would affect any version if the file it is trying to remove doesn't exist.

However, the installation may have worked because the error should only be associated with package removal. Have you rebooted afterwards?

I don't think the problem with undelete is specific to 1.03.11. There is a bug in the removal script which would affect any version if the file it is trying to remove doesn't exist.

However, the installation may have worked because the error should only be associated with package removal. Have you rebooted afterwards?
I uninstalled the package, rebooted and reinstalled. It seemed fine: was listed as installed in Web-If>Package Management, and the settings could be changed in Web-If>settings, but deleting a file completely deleted it, indicating that the package was not working. Doing a forced reinstall returned the text I posted above.

How can I remove all traces of Undelete and do a fresh clean install?

It is working now, but I had to remove the package and reboot and then install and reboot. Two reboots were needed, one reboot alone at either stage was insufficient.

Edit. Thanks xyz321.

Back