HDR Fox T2 crashing frequently

Rascott

My 500 GB machine has started locking up at least daily. This usually happens when I've finished watching something and delete it from the Media view. The program deletes but then the screen locks. Only solution is to switch off an on again. Anything being recorded is truncated. This is highly irritating.

It came from John Lewis under a year ago so should be able to return it. But thought I'd ask here in case this is a known problem you can suggest a fix to.

Thanks in advance

Were you to contact Humax I'm sure you would be asked to reformat the disk and restore factory defaults. You could reload the firmware for good measure.

I assume this would mean losing all my recordings. Is it possible to somehow offload recordings to another hard drive?

thanks for your help

I assume this would mean losing all my recordings. Is it possible to somehow offload recordings to another hard drive?
One way would be to enable the FTP server and copy them off with an FTP client, format the drive and then FTP them back. Note this will only work if the recordings are replaced on the box that made them; if you exchanged the box, the encryption would prevent the recordings playing on the new box.

Back