HDR Fox T2 is Continually crashing

BJD

Hello everyone....I'm appealing for a little bit of help,

I searched and read the forum posts but couldn't find exactly my issue but do please forgive me and guide me if I've missed it.

Basically, for quite some time now, my HDR Fox T2 is crashing randomly but often.

The red warning states ...."your humax has crashed and some packages have been disabled etc." but the crash log only tells me the time it occurred and how long was it's uptime; and not the cause (see attached prt sc) so I suppose my main question is how am I able to establish what is causing these crashes?

I have 2 units and the other one also crashes quite often.

The unit in question is running the latest CFW

Web interface version: 1.4.2-13
Custom firmware version: 3.10 (build 2734)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.10)
Loader Version: a7.31
System ID: 80bc.7e00
Serial Number: 63 7105306 00558
Last Boot Reason: Unknown (4)

Any and all advice will be very gratefully accepted

Attachments

• humax crash.pdf
    222.8 KB · Views: 8
If you want to understand the root cause, install the crashdiag package and reboot and then when it next crashes you can run the crashdiag diagnostic and post the output here for one of us to review.

Black Hole - it might be worth adding this towards the end of your guide.

Thank you Black Hole
By often it can be 7 or 8 times a day (as the PDF attachment shows yesterday for example) but It never used to......it would occasionally (every few days week) but never this often.

Thank you af123
I will now install crashdiag, reboot and post here for review when it next happens

VM appreciated

Simple test. Disconnect the network and see if it still crashes. If it does, that's eliminated that as the cause.
Perhaps a mod could move this thread to the CF section?

thank you Trev, that is another good suggestion and I have my suspicions that it could be network (or wireless dongle) related....it's on my radar

I installed crashdaig as suggested but I can't see anywhere obvious in the diagnostics page where the results should be displayed?

Thank you Black Hole
By often it can be 7 or 8 times a day (as the PDF attachment shows yesterday for example) but It never used to......it would occasionally (every few days week) but never this often.

Thank you af123
I will now install crashdiag, reboot and post here for review when it next happens

VM appreciated
You need to pursue the diagnostic procedure in the information I linked to. Only after that is exhausted will crashdiag be any use.

I don't have a "clean" network/Internet connection. Assuming yours are connected, the anticipated crash rate is inversely proportional to the reliability of the connection.

Thank you 'all' for the terrific on-going support.

I have been experiment recently with various Wi-Fi dongles v Ethernet (via a repeater) and the more I think about it the more I am now convinced that this is mostly down to network/internet issues ......however, resolving it and also retaining an optimum connection, may not be so simple.

I didn't realise that the 'reliably' of the network connection has a direct influence on the stability of the machine itself.....so, with that knowledge, I will continue to monitor and experiment.

BTW - not had a crash in the last 24 hours (on either unit) which, in recent times, is unprecedented ....but probably a 'red herring'!

Back