HDR Fox-T2 not completing start up

Bootstrap Bob

Hi there,

First post on this forum and your help would be appreciated.
Our HDR Fox-T2 is having a problem on start-up i.e. it fails to get past the start-up display screen and switches itself off.
If I switch off on the rear of the unit and then immediately back on nothing happens however if I leave it off for a few minutes and then switch on again it repeats the start-up problem.

I have followed the advise on here and done the following:
  • Tried to update the software via a memory stick but it never runs long enough to start the software update.
  • Visually inspected the capacitors on the PSU - none of them look damaged (bulged on the top).
  • Taken the PSU board out and checked for blown links and obvious damage. - Nothing obviously wrong.
  • Disconnected the HDD - problem still exists
  • Disconnected the front USB lead. - problem still exists
  • Disconnected the fan. - problem still exists
  • Measured the voltage at the HDD cable - 12v but keeps dropping until the the front display disappears
  • Measured the voltage at the USB plug - 5v but keeps dropping until the the front display disappears

The last two of these make me think that it's a PSU problem or regulator but I would be interested to hear your thoughts please.

I don't really want to bin the HDR as it has been a very good unit and if I can fix it I would be very happy.
For information it is one of the units fitted with the PW808 PSU.

Thanks.

Short of coming up with a bespoke PSU replacement solution (which I might have spare time to look into with everything else closing down), which might or might not be your problem, I think you had best get busy on eBay.

Back