HDR-Fox T2 not recognising USB device

gjf60

When I plug in a USB flash drive or a external HDD that I have used before on this T2 it does not read the drive. When I select the media button on the remote and then the blue button I get the blue USB symbol with or without a USB device plugged in. when selecting the USB blue symbol with a USB device plugged in it disappears and just shows the media info from the internal HDD.

Before I had this problem the blue USB symbol was only present when a USB device was plugged in. Its the same with the front or rear USB socket. I have the custom software. 3.03 and 1.03.12 std software I recently ran the check package programme but not sure if this happened immediately after . Any ideas ?

af123

Administrator
Staff member
Is it possible that the USB drive is GPT formatted? If so, you need CFW 3.10 for that to appear automatically.

OP
G

gjf60

My PC is Win XP and they are not GPT formatted. The flash drive is FAT 32 and the HDD is NTFS
This morning I tried connecting the portal with the dongle plugged into the rear USB and it connected. I then tried the front USB with the same USB flash drive I tried yesterday and the Ex HDD and it read the drive. I switched back to the internal HDD and played a file and after the picture froze and rebooted a couple of times it seems OK now. Ive just upgraded to to 3.10 CF and everything seeks ok
Thanks for your help

Last edited:

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
This morning I tried connecting the portal with the dongle plugged into the rear USB and it connected.
You mean a WiFi dongle, thus proving the USB socket?

The HDR-FOX has a chequered history with UPDs (USB pen drives), sometimes they become unusable for no obvious reason. External HDDs can be a problem if they need more start-up power that the HDR-FOX can supply from the USB socket.

More info: Things Every... (click) section 12.