HDR-FOX T2 Power States

mike_m

(BTW, I have read section 18 of TEHTTOSK - several times!)

I noticed that after power-cycling, the HDR-FOX T2s didn’t always come back on the network right away. Being a curious sort of chap I wanted to see a bit more detail, so I arranged to ping the machines every 10 seconds and log the results, as in the images below.

The coloured bars show the length of the various states, and the dots beneath show pings on the network. A red dot shows a successful ping, while a black dot shows no response. Timing of the 5-minute power-cycle is precise (logs from the program that triggers the smart power strip), but I’m just assuming that the scheduled standby periods start and end exactly on the scheduled time.

Sometimes both machines respond to a ping just after the end of the power cycle (presumably changing from standby to a more awake state), and sometimes one of them comes up briefly (one red dot) and then goes back down for a few minutes - It seems to be unrelated to whether there are thumbnails to be generated or not.

Anyway, just a curiosity - it’s the sort of thing that I enjoy doing...

Attachments

• Ping_Tests.jpg
    Ping_Tests.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 27
Curious! I don't suppose we'll ever know the exact detail of what's going on (or why); what I've documented is the product of observation and surmise rather than deep understanding. You've provided more data.

Last edited:
Back