HDR Fox T2 unstable after installing latest version of Sweeper 2.2.5-2 and Undelete 1.6-6

rodp

Hi All,

I just updated a couple of the packages (Sweeper 2.2.5-2 and Undelete 1.6-6). There was a beta package for sqlite but I didn't update that one - perhaps I should have?) but I'm now getting this error which after a short while then reboots the humax. The HDMI connection is now playing up after a short while (testing on BBC2) (keeps going out of sync meaning I get a black screen on the TV) but the SCART option is still ok for a little longer until it reboots by itself.

1662498840197.png

-I've tried fix-flash-packages, no luck. I can't see anything wrong in the log as it goes through the updates.
-I've tried a number of reboots
-I've then uninstalled both Sweeper (I don't have any sweeper things active) and Undelete and it's now behaving but i could do with getting undelete back. Can anyone help?

The crash.log file doesn't help - it just tells you the up time before it crashes. Is there another log file that I can refer to, which tells me the updates that I've just done so that I can confirm the version I was updating from?

Thanks

Rodp

1662500070695.png

device details:
Web interface version: 1.5.0-1
Custom firmware version: 3.13 (build 4028)
Humax Version: 1.03.12 (kernel HDR_CFW_3.13)
Loader Version: a7.33

Last edited:
The recent updates were very benign and in the case of undelete only involved some extra logging. The code that hooks in to the Humax software hasn't changed for years. And no-one else is complaining, so it would look like something environmental or coincidental.
I would suggest a fixdisk run as the first course of fault-finding, then suspect either a recording upsetting the DLNA or something network related.

ok, so I'll delete the DLNA database then run fixdisk and then reinstall the two packages and see what happens. I'll do them one at a time.

Running fixdisk now - just wnat to check that e2fsck 1.42.13 (17-May-2015) is the latest version in use?

Are there any other logs that I can review to find out more if it does crash again?

Thanks

Rodp

You're on 3.13 CF so that is fine as e2fsck is built in to the firmware package.
There are no more logs.

Are there any other logs that I can review to find out more if it does crash again?
You could install the crashdiag package to capture a dump during some crashes.

Then, after a crash, you can run crashdiag diagnostic from the Diag web page (or [ICODEdiag ]crashdiag[/ICODE] from command line) however the results can be hard to interpret.

Back