HDR FOX T2 With Logitech Harmony 350 Remote

Amplidyne

Hi
New user here.
I've had an HDR FOX T2 for probably 5 years now.
RM-F04 remote has started to partially "lose" buttons. I wanted to get another handset as a spare before attempting a repair, so after various abortive attempts to get a new replacement (They all sent me RM-F01s) I decided to get a Logitech Harmony 350 handset.
This appears to work OK up to a point, but there is no "Opt+" button. (Amongst others. I haven't got that far yet.)
I can't see "Opt+" on the list for the button functions in the Harmony software. There is "Option" but that appears to do nothing.
If I try to "teach" the Harmony remote with the RM-F04 remote, the software tells me that the signal is unrecognised.
The Fox T2 is running the modified firmware. (Not that I can see that making any difference. But. . .)
Any thoughts folks?

Thanks Black Hole.
I've seen people say the remote can be programmed for Opt+ and other buttons here and elsewhere, but I can't see how it's done. I'll have to dig deeper.

I set up the Option command on my Harmony 665 2 weeks ago (on the 'Enter' key) and it works fine as the Opt+ button.

Thanks for the replies. I think I've got it working now. Why is nothing I get straightforward? :)
Basically I managed to get it to recognise the remote as another one to the one it thought it was (if that makes any sense), and it would then "learn" the buttons I wanted.
I'm going to have a go at mending the old one BH. I've had fair success in the past, but I wanted to get this one sorted first though. Just in case.

All sorted thanks.
I've cleaned the original remote as well, which has fixed that.
Thanks to the person who put the instructions for pulling it apart up here.

Back