HDR-FOXT2 displays Cust FW 3.00 on boot up.

JKM

Hi,

I was given an old Humax HDR-FOXT2 sometime ago which appears to have custom firmware already installed.

First thing to note with this one is it likes to play dead. Turning on with the rear power switch sometimes does nothing. It appears totally dead. But turning it on and off a few times it will eventually power up, although it has stuck with SYSTEM START on the display on occasions but one final turning off and on again makes it fully boot up. Once it's showing signs of life it has no issues with being switched in and out of standby or doing timer recordings. Power supply fault possibly?

When it eventually powers up after SYSTEM START is says "Cust FW 3.00". I'm guessing this is some kind of Custom Firmware installed. So I thought I'd upgrade it to the lastest firmware the HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13 but it refuses to update. It will accept HDR_FOX_T2_system_flush on the same USB stick but not the firmware, so I don't think it's an incompatible USB stick since it accepts the system flush update file.

Is it possible to upgrade from whatever this Cust FW 3.00 is, or does it need to be removed first?

I also changed the HDD to a larger 2TB one. Do I need to re-install the original 500GB one to do the upgrade? Are there files on the original HDD that it needs to upgrade?

Thanks, any help will be gratefully appreciated.

JK

But turning it on and off a few times it will eventually power up, although it has stuck with SYSTEM START on the display on occasions but one final turning off and on again makes it fully boot up. Once it's showing signs of life it has no issues with being switched in and out of standby or doing timer recordings. Power supply fault possibly?
It could be power supply.
When it eventually powers up after SYSTEM START is says "Cust FW 3.00". I'm guessing this is some kind of Custom Firmware installed. So I thought I'd upgrade it to the lastest firmware the HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13 but it refuses to update. It will accept HDR_FOX_T2_system_flush on the same USB stick but not the firmware, so I don't think it's an incompatible USB stick since it accepts the system flush update file.
Have you unzipped the file? If you are putting it into standby have you waited until the disk stops spinning before bringing out of standby?
Is it possible to upgrade from whatever this Cust FW 3.00 is, or does it need to be removed first?
You can upgrade.
I also changed the HDD to a larger 2TB one.
What make and model of drive?
Do I need to re-install the original 500GB one to do the upgrade? Are there files on the original HDD that it needs to upgrade?
No.

So I thought I'd upgrade it to the lastest firmware the HDR_FOX_T2_1.03.12_mod_3.13 but it refuses to update. It will accept HDR_FOX_T2_system_flush on the same USB stick but not the firmware, so I don't think it's an incompatible USB stick since it accepts the system flush update file.
I agree that by running the system flush install you should have proven the update process, assuming you remembered to do all the same things for the firmware update file as you did for the system flush file.

As you are new here, let me draw your attention to:

Back