Hdr random drop out of channels

tonybob0

Hi. I have a Foxsat HDR which loses channels apparently at random. For instance at I'm now looking at "no or bad signal" on ITV, BBC1HD, BBC HD, BBC ALBA, ITV1+1, ITV2, ITV3.....the list goes on. They are not always the same channels and it;'s not all the time. Last night I checked Channel4+1 was working, set the recorder for programmes half an hour later, and by the time the recording started the signal had gone. I have two other boxes in the house which are old Goodmans recievers (not recorders). I never have a problem with them and they are connected to the same satellite. I've tried retuning by box but there is no change. Surely it must be the box but I'm baffled as tio what to do other than pay some bloke to come and hmm and aah at it for a couple of hours. Any help will be gratefully received, (unlike my signal!). Thanks.

Random loss of channels is often a symptom of water getting into the coax cables from the lnb. It's also possible the actual fault may be in the old boxes. (dirty dc power). Try disconnecting the old boxes from the mains. If you still have a problem with the Foxsat then connect a working box to the Foxsat cables try both cables as the fault may only be on the tuner 1 cable.

Back