HDR T2 sudden problems

What I can't get my head around is why MOB is having a problem. I have mapped a network drive (W10) to \\192.168.0.200\My Video and it 'just works' as expected. Read, Write no problem.

What I can't get my head around is why MOB is having a problem. I have mapped a network drive (W10) to \\192.168.0.200\My Video and it 'just works' as expected. Read, Write no problem.
Instead of going straight to the 'My Video' share, as in your example, he went via the 'Media' share which is set up as a temporary filesystem with a 61MB size limit.

You were alos in a bad mood with me so I didn't push it.
You've misinterpreted trying to get some real information out of you as being in a bad mood (and I wasn't the only one). Too many assumptions (including that), not enough looking before leaping, and too much pretending to know what you're talking about (or possibly not realising you didn't).

You've misinterpreted trying to get some real information out of you as being in a bad mood (and I wasn't the only one). Too many assumptions (including that), not enough looking before leaping, and too much pretending to know what you're talking about (or possibly not realising you didn't).
Some of those things may have some truth but I did no pretending and resent the accusation if I'm honest. You seem intent on being unpleasant good luck to you.
Bob.

Thanks MET. I was having problems sorting the wheat from the chaff in the various posts, esp, the likes of post #26. I just boggled, and threw my hands into the air trying to understand it.
I just hope that my attempt to clone my W10 OS from one SSD to a larger one goes better this afternoon when Mr. Amazon pops it through the door.

I have no intention of being unpleasant, but I don't obscure plain speaking with diplomatic floweriness. Call a spade a spade (criticism where criticism is due), and if anyone doesn't like it that's their problem. I do not do PC!

Thanks MET. I was having problems sorting the wheat from the chaff in the various posts, esp, the likes of post #26. I just boggled, and threw my hands into the air trying to understand it.
I just hope that my attempt to clone my W10 OS from one SSD to a larger one goes better this afternoon when Mr. Amazon pops it through the door.
Trev, #26. I can't imagine that the RISC OS bits are of any interest to you so I assume it wasn't that.
Why when using windows I drag with the right button doesn't look too exciting either but I was trying to answer questions given to me.

The problem with copying back a file and hitting the size limit was down to me. I didn't realise that there are 4 samba network shares by default. I certainly hadn't realised that getting to the My Video via the 'media' share as in media/My Video was size limited. I was told this by people on the forum but the terminology used to describe the answer was different to my own and consequently I failed to grasp the point.. I understood when told that the 'media' connection was size limited but didn't get how to connect somewhere else. We had "mnt" and things like that in there which I don't doubt are correct but it meant not a lot to me. However, it did make me look closer at what windows network browser was telling me and then eventually the penny dropped.

The answer for both the copy back problem and the RISC OS share size info was to connect samba to the My Video share and not the media share. There it is in my language.

Good luck with your swap over.

Bob.

I have no intention of being unpleasant, but I don't obscure plain speaking with diplomatic floweriness. Call a spade a spade (criticism where criticism is due), and if anyone doesn't like it that's their problem. I do not do PC!
I completely agree about things PC, I hate it. Having said that, I do try to say things that need to be said diplomatically and without personal accusations.
Cheers,
Bob.

Easiest way to do that is just to clone from the small drive to the large drive and then expand the partition sizes on the large drive. I have done a lot of this over the last eighteen months and I find the free version of Minitool Partition Wizard https://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html d.oes everything I need

Correct. And it was the RISC OS bit that was clouding the scene for me. All that mnt stuff does nothing for me. Might have used it some time ago to set up the My Video as a share, but as that was (if it happened) more than 15 seconds ago, I forgot.:roflmao:

@ML. That's what I will do. I have the MiniTools Partition thingy. I also have Iomei backup/clone SW and find MiniTools better for Partition management than the Iomei equivalent.The only 'problem that I have had is that Windows 'grabs' the 'other' partitions and gives them a drive letter that screws things up a bit, so I have to delete that=e drive letter and all is rosy.

Back