HDR1800t - forgets about the hard drive...

caffeine_demon

Hi,

Had the 1800 for a few weeks now, and it seems to have an annoying quirk where every time I turn it on, it won't allow me to access my recordings, or use any of the live tv controls (and settings menu options relating to storage are greyed out).

It seems I can fix it by setting a recording from the guide, only to have the options disappear the next day.

Any Idea what's going on?

Ta!

Had the 1800 for a few weeks now, and it seems to have an annoying quirk where every time I turn it on, it won't allow me to access my recordings, or use any of the live tv controls (and settings menu options relating to storage are greyed out).

It seems I can fix it by setting a recording from the guide, only to have the options disappear the next day.
Are you turning off the mains power to the box overnight?

This sounds so odd you should contact Humax - or perhaps not. They will probably tell you to try a "Factory Default" from the installation menu. If you haven't got anything you want to save on the disk it might even be worth reformatting the disk (probably an option in factory default :unsure: ). If that doesn't clear the problem I'd consider returning the box as this looks like a fault. My only other thought is - does the Humax lose [loose] the disk every time you turn it off? Have you got "Power saving in standby" set? (Settings/system/power management) If it is "on" try setting it to "off". Might make a difference - if it does it could be a workaround, but not ideal.

Last edited:
Did you but it new or secondhand? My only thought is that if it is secondhand somebody may have fitted a hard drive that isn't fully compatible.

I get the same, I found the old standard switch off and on works , all returns to normal until the next time

It's alarming that some people don't seem to grasp that pretty simple concept any more.

Spelling.
Would have been helpful if you'd said that rather than playing at being Mr Angry. I'll blame it on a poor keyboard with a repeating "o" rather than my inability to spell. :) Having said that, I still wouldn't have spotted it until you added "Spelling".

Sorry I'm a bit tardy,
I don't see the problem very often , and I have pinned it down to the early morning, I am an early riser (4-430 am) most mornings, just I think at the time the updates are downloading if I switch on at this time the system locks up .

Back