Help please to set up automated job

mihaid

Is it possible to automate any new radio recordings in folder named X to be changed to the mp3 version possibly at a time when the t2 is not recording?

Easy - set auto-MP3 on the folder, or use a sweeper rule, and set time limits for auto-processing. I don't bother with the time limits. I have a specific folder [MP3] set for auto-conversion, and anything to be converted is recorded into that folder or moved there after recording.

There are caveats of course: MP3 conversion actually produces an MP2 file incorrectly named .mp3 unless you configure slow conversion in settings; and auto-MP3 (rather than the rules you can set through sweeper) simply looks for any .ts with no matching .mp3 and queues it for conversion - so it will happily process all the .ts files not just new ones.

Last edited:
WebIF >> Browse Media Files >> Click the opt+ button next to a folder (it's actually listed as "enable auto audio").

WebIF >> Settings >> General Settings >> Audio Extraction Type >> Choose your desired output

WebIF >> Browse Media Files >> Click the opt+ button next to a folder (it's actually listed as "enable auto audio").

WebIF >> Settings >> General Settings >> Audio Extraction Type >> Choose your desired output
Thanks for that. I did set it all up last night but the queue today says defer. Also, what is the location of the new mp3?

Of course. Why are you not already auto-decrypting? Note also the mp3s will not show up in the SUI media browser unless you select "music", and then it will only show you what's in the My Music folder...

Of course. Why are you not already auto-decrypting? Note also the mp3s will not show up in the SUI media browser unless you select "music", and then it will only show you what's in the My Music folder...
Because it would put a strain on the t2 not needed.

Would it show on the webif with the option to download?

Note also the mp3s will not show up in the SUI media browser unless you select "music", and then it will only show you what's in the My Music folder...
I wonder if it would work to create an Link of the the recordings folder under the 'My Music' folder so the mp3 were visible as music without needing to move/copy them

Edit: A softlink to the folder didn't work and a hardlink to a folder isn't allowed :(
It can be be done by hardlinks to recordings or with the Mount command but that would need to be redone on each boot

Last edited:
Because it would put a strain on the t2 not needed.
Auto processing can be scheduled to run when there are no recordings in progress to reduce strain and decryption is a prerequisite for most other webif processes, and use of the recording on any other devices so is needed if you want to do anything other than watching the original recording on TV.
Would it show on the webif with the option to download?
Yes

Last edited:
What webif processes? I don't seem to recall to have needed it in the seven years. In regards to watching on other devices copying/downloading seems to take care of it just fine.

If you have two HD/HDR-FOXes and want to seamlessly share recordings between the two, auto-decryption is a must. That means the recording is viewed on either box while being stored only on one box.

You have to copy the recording to the device you wish to play it on, before playing it, and enable decryption in the process. We don't have to wait for download. Meanwhile, you (because you are not decrypting) don't have access to all sorts from thumbnail generation to ad-detection.

I have never observed any ill-effects from auto-decryption, and I don't restrict it in any way.

If you have two HD/HDR-FOXes and want to seamlessly share recordings between the two, auto-decryption is a must. y.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same decryption. I have the one needed for hd recordings done automatically.

and yet, I am able to watch first t2 recordings on my second t2

I have the one needed for hd recordings done automatically.
That's "unprotection"! The flag that stops HiDef recordings being decrypted when copied to USB, or served by DLNA, is removed... but the recording remains encrypted on disk. The "usual" modus operandii is to have the auto-unprotect package installed and run auto-decryption in the WebIF.

and yet, I am able to watch first t2 recordings on my second t2
Only via Media >> Network. You don't have access to bookmarking, resume, and only limited trick-play that way (DLNA). If you mounted one HDR on the other using foxlink or network-shares-automount, as long as recordings were decrypted you would be able to use remote recordings exactly the same as if they were local (via Media >> HDD, the same as local recordings).

You've been around this forum for a very long time, but that is some very basic understanding you seem to lack... and some of the main benefits of using the CF at all.

That's "unprotection"! The flag that stops HiDef recordings being decrypted when copied to USB, or served by DLNA, is removed... but the recording remains encrypted on disk. The "usual" modus operandii is to have the auto-unprotect package installed and run auto-decryption in the WebIF.

Only via Media >> Network. You don't have access to bookmarking, resume, and only limited trick-play that way (DLNA). If you mounted one HDR on the other using foxlink or network-shares-automount, as long as recordings were decrypted you would be able to use remote recordings exactly the same as if they were local (via Media >> HDD, the same as local recordings).

You've been around this forum for a very long time, but that is some very basic understanding you seem to lack... and some of the main benefits of using the CF at all.
So have you been. And yet give misleading information out. You said I MUST have it. it turns out that I don't have to.

Look, I appreciate the help I get from you and others. The telling off? Less so.

And many others agree with me.

Back