.hmt file on recording marked with the parental control icon

Steve1953

I am recording the Gardeners World HD series off BBC2. I have no parental control set and do not have the custom firmware. One program has randomly been marked with the 'g' icon.

When I copy the recording to a USB stick the hmt file is missing.

I suppose this is to maintain the parental control on the copy. This prevents me using Foxy.

Any ideas or a work around ?

The randomness of the G icon is entirely in the broadcaster's hands. The missing .hmt is a coincidence, I think - the stupidness of the Humax operating firmware is that if there is not enough space left on the USB drive to accommodate another copy of the .ts, it gives up copying the rest of the file set.

The randomness of the G icon is entirely in the broadcaster's hands. The missing .hmt is a coincidence, I think - the stupidness of the Humax operating firmware is that if there is not enough space left on the USB drive to accommodate another copy of the .ts, it gives up copying the rest of the file set.

Thanks for that, I was trying to copy 2 files at once and checked that the USB drive was not full. I'll try copying just the one recording onto an empty drive and see if it makes a difference

Thanks for that, I was trying to copy 2 files at once and checked that the USB drive was not full. I'll try copying just the one recording onto an empty drive and see if it makes a difference

Just tried the offending recording on it's own and the .hmt file copied ok. Must be just one of those Humax things.

Probably why it didn't appear on Google anywhere, I must be the first.

Anyway Google has it now and thanks Black hole for instigating the solution

Back