How do I set the unit to record something that is on in over a week's time

Julian Pinn

Dear Fellow members, I'm trying to record something that is on air in over a week's time and therefore is not yet on the EPG schedule list (green button). Is this possible; if so how?

Black Hole

May contain traces of nut
If this were HDR-FOX I would use a manual schedule entry. Is this not possible with Foxsat?

OP
J

Julian Pinn

No, not that I've seen. The only way to record is to select the programme from the EPG guide unless there's some hidden trick.

OP
J

Julian Pinn

Thanks. On the foxsat, there is no New Reservation but if one scrolls right to the bottom of the list, there is a blank section that can be filled in. This might just do it. Thanks very much for your help. If only Humax could be more user friendly, it would be a great box. Thanks again.

gomezz

And do not forget to add padding. Lots, if it is a live event or follows a live event.

Or, if you have the custom firmware installed and leave it turned on (*) while you are away, can you not set a timer remotely over t'internet from your laptop?

(*) Or set a watch timer to wake it for an hour or so when you know you will be available to set a timer remotely?

grahamlthompson

You can edit any programme reservation you make on a Foxsat-hdr from the epg. You can very easily convert it to a manual recording, starting at any time on any date, from any channel and with a repeat pattern (weekly, daily, every weekday etc).

Mike0001

Or buy a Freetime box, and use the Freesat app on Android etc. to set the recording in a week's time.