How do I set the unit to record something that is on in over a week's time

Julian Pinn

Dear Fellow members, I'm trying to record something that is on air in over a week's time and therefore is not yet on the EPG schedule list (green button). Is this possible; if so how?

If this were HDR-FOX I would use a manual schedule entry. Is this not possible with Foxsat?

No, not that I've seen. The only way to record is to select the programme from the EPG guide unless there's some hidden trick.

Thanks. On the foxsat, there is no New Reservation but if one scrolls right to the bottom of the list, there is a blank section that can be filled in. This might just do it. Thanks very much for your help. If only Humax could be more user friendly, it would be a great box. Thanks again.

And do not forget to add padding. Lots, if it is a live event or follows a live event.

Or, if you have the custom firmware installed and leave it turned on (*) while you are away, can you not set a timer remotely over t'internet from your laptop?

(*) Or set a watch timer to wake it for an hour or so when you know you will be available to set a timer remotely?

You can edit any programme reservation you make on a Foxsat-hdr from the epg. You can very easily convert it to a manual recording, starting at any time on any date, from any channel and with a repeat pattern (weekly, daily, every weekday etc).

Or buy a Freetime box, and use the Freesat app on Android etc. to set the recording in a week's time.

Back