How To: Download Humax files to PC - DECRYPTED

It will, but not straight away. Try a reboot.

tried that already - didn't work. Works every time if I do it manually. Unless It does it on a timed schedule and I am just getting lucky with my manual attempts. Will leave it over night and see what happens.

Can you explain why you want to move the TS file around (to temp folder and back)?

Note: using FTP to copy TS around will not cause any changes to the actual TS file (like decryption!) as FTP is a binary copy.
Humax copy (on Fox T2) to USB will decrypt the TS file for Sd and Foxy'd HD files.

after applying the new HMT file via foxy, if you move the TS file around (OPT+ menu in Humax GUI to copy to another folder), this will cause DNLA indexer to reindex and the HD content is then available to stream.

I wanted to try and move the TS file around via FTP to simulate/automate the reindexing.

I know ftp won't damage the TS file, but was more worried about messing up how Humax internals keep tracks of the filesystem.

thanks

But you need to take care using FTP, the humax copy functions and the CF ones move the full file set (TS, HMT, ...) FTP won't.
Also, I think you will find that running FTP copy from a PC will read the file from the humax, across the network, to the PC and the write it back to the Humax. I don't mean read the whole file then copy, I mean stream the bit stream across the network to the PC memory and out again across the network back to the Humax.
Hummy, CF copy or move will happen totally within the Hummy.

Thanks BH, but won't DLNA indexing pick up the Foxy'd file anyway, given a little time, without the need to move the TS file about.
I know there is a CF Diagnostics option to force DLNA to rebuild the index. Perhaps the OP might consider this as an option. Is there a command equivalent that he could use if he is trying to automate the process?

yeah I figured I'd need to ftp the full fileset not just the TS file. Sorry should have stated that in my text.

Will take another look at this when I have more time.

Thanks BH, but won't DLNA indexing pick up the Foxy'd file anyway, given a little time, without the need to move the TS file about.
I know there is a CF Diagnostics option to force DLNA to rebuild the index. Perhaps the OP might consider this as an option. Is there a command equivalent that he could use if he is trying to automate the process?
cygnusx is talking 2000T (see post 36) - no CF option. The link I referred you to in post 47 is in the 2000T section.

If the foxy'd recording is returned to the same place, I doubt the indexer would take any notice of it. You would have to clear down the database and rebuild - not an option on 2000T short of a factory reset. The point is that it has been found that by moving the recording the indexer re-indexes it and makes a foxy'd HiDef recording streamable (the 2000T refuses to stream HiDef recordings otherwise).

Last edited:
yep cheers BH for explaining in my absence. All works perfectly when done manually :) HarveyB - I'm just trying to automate it somewhat.

Ok that explains it, thanks.
Perhaps this conversation should be in the 2000T section, rather than HDR Fox T2 (moderator?).

Difficult choice that - this topic is specifically about non-CF decryption, and that applies to 1800T/2000T with caveats, as detailed on post 1. It is linked to from a topic in the 1800T/2000T section. It will only cause difficulty when a reader is unaware of the technicalities and has not checked the context. On balance, I say no.

Back