How to edit timers

Robti

hi I have set up a few series link timers, but how do I edit the timers to make sure that they only record what I want, for instance emmerdale, I only want to record the weeknight episodes and not the weekend catch up episodes ?

Thanks

The short answer is: you can't. With series link you are entirely dependent on the CRID codes the broadcasters assign to the various transmissions, see Things Every... (click) section 9.

As long as a transmission has a matching S-CRID but a P-CRID that does not match recent recordings, it will be recorded as part of a series link set.

You have three options:

1. Simply delete the recordings you don't want post-event, manually or automatically (the custom firmware sweeper package should help here);

2. Use manual timer scheduling, which records at a defined time every day or every week day (etc) and cannot track TV schedule changes (eg due to live events);

3. Use the custom firmware RS (Remote Scheduling) service to create a search rule which picks out just the episodes you want to record. The result of this will be a set of individual recordings rather than a series recording, with no fallback plan should one be missed.

In your case I would favour option 1. Just how inconvenient can it be (but see also posts below)?

See also Glossary (click), entry CRID.

Last edited:
hi I have set up a few series link timers, but how do I edit the timers to make sure that they only record what I want, for instance emmerdale, I only want to record the weeknight episodes and not the weekend catch up episodes ?
It should be doing that automatically. Try pressing the Guide button the remote, then press Yellow button (Schedule) and scroll down to the first weeknight episode of Emmerdale. then press the right arrow (immediately to the right of the OK button). Does it list just the weeknight episodes? If so you have a separate reservation for the weekend episodes that you should delete.

It should be doing that automatically.
Only if the CRIDs are set up properly. However, I have just checked Emmerdale and it appears to schedule correctly. Maybe the OP just assumed it wouldn't.

Do you have an example of this happening? If so, check you haven't accidentally set up a series recording for the weekend episodes as well Guide >> Schedule (yellow).

If you have the Custom Firmware installed you can skip or reschedule episodes that are unwanted or which cause recording conflicts.

For example I use it to skip the practice sessions prior to F1 races

By default when you go into the schedule list it will display 1 entry for each separate series request you have made (and not yet cancelled).
If the schedule is initially showing more than one line for a series then that means you have requested the series to be recorded more than once and it will record each episode more than once until you cancel your surplus requests.

For each series entry in the schedule you can request the entry to be temporarily expanded so that it displays all the episodes over the next week that will be recorded. To do this highlight the series line and then press the right arrow key next to 'OK' on the remote.

Thanks selected the timer I asked about Emmerdale and pressed right and it only shows the week recordings and nothin* at the weekend so no catch up so I’m happy, many 5hanks for the replies

The point is that you asked how to prevent the catch-up episodes recording when you hadn't checked that they were set to record. If the broadcasters do their job properly (and, for the major channels anyway, mostly they do), it's not a problem and the user doesn't have to worry. My post 2 in reply to your original post was composed in the expectation that the weekend episodes were actually recording and you needed to stop them.

Asking for solutions to problems that don't exist puts people to trouble they needn't have gone to.

Ok I get where you coming from and apologise if I have went to far, it was just that this was my first recording and after I left the house I wondered about the weekend catch up an as I couldn’t find anything in the wiki I posted on here

Back