How to Record from start of program with HD (not HDR)

davidS

I know that this is possible with the HDR but when I try with the HD it does not seem to work.

When I rewind my HD timeshift buffer and press the record button I get a message stating -

'TSR will stop and the recording will start from the current broadcasting point'

And it does!! Any past in the TSR disappears and recording starts afresh but from the current LIVE broadcast point.

Is it me!! Or is there a way to do this?

I should, perhaps, add that it is possible to record from the buffer, but only in HDR Mode and only content from iPlayer or YouTube.

I should, perhaps, add that it is possible to record from the buffer, but only in HDR Mode and only content from iPlayer or YouTube.

Thanks. Not sure what HDR Mode means, can you explain? It does seem to indicate that it is technically possible to record from the buffer though, does it not?

"HDR Mode" means installing the custom firmware, and using that to load and run the official firmware from the HDR-FOX. There are hardware limitations of the HD-FOX which mean only some of the functionality of the HDR-FOX can be accessed, notably the ability to save from the iPlayer/YouTube buffer (the HD-FOX code doesn't use a buffer for these), and the ability to decrypt recordings by using the handset OPT+ copy operation.

Back