Humax 1800t - Disable Screensaver or make it completely BLACK - HELP

Freeview1800

Humax 1800t - How can i stop the 'Digital Clock' from moving around ( Screensaver ) I especially bought the 1800t today, as said it can pause for 2 Hours ... But this ''Digital Clock' keeps getting in the corner of my eye whilst working on my Home Computer ! HOW CAN I TURN IT OFF, SO ITS JUST A NORMAL PAUSED PAGE ????? HELP !! How can i Disable Screensaver or make it completely BLACK?
Please explain in plain English, as i saw it was possible , but looked all Chinese to me ! Thanks

on another Forum .. by adding 'code' or something .. too technical for me !
Well, if it was 'too technical' for you there, why do you suppose that it won't be 'too technical' here, even if someone knew the answer?
And please stop shouting at us.

His posts are all wrong on so many levels.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

Regarding this:
on another Forum .. by adding 'code' or something .. too technical for me !
"'code'" means Custom Firmware. It's no more technical than applying any other manufacturer's firmware update for a device, such as your mobile phone. However, there is no custom firmware for an HDR-1800T - as anyone would know if they had explored the forum before posting.

And this is the forum for HDR-FOX custom firmware. There is no other. Any other mentions are just that - mentions and unofficial support.

Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click)

His posts are all wrong on so many levels.

Newbies' Guide to the Forum (click)

Regarding this:

"'code'" means Custom Firmware. It's no more technical than applying any other manufacturer's firmware update for a device, such as your mobile phone. However, there is no custom firmware for an HDR-1800T - as anyone would know if they had explored the forum before posting.

And this is the forum for HDR-FOX custom firmware. There is no other. Any other mentions are just that - mentions and unofficial support.

Quick Guide to Custom Firmware (click)
Why are my 'Posts' all wrong ???? Im only trying to convey the problem ???? ( maybe too many Question marks here ! )

I was expecting a fanfare of Trumpets ... Thats normally whats laid on for me, as a Newbie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Oops )

Sorry, we don't do trumpets here.:dance: There. That's the best I can do for you.:D

You really aught to have a look at the autorepeat on your keyboard (or finger):roflmao:.

Yes the clock is irritating. Even more irritating with my 2000T - if I go to a radio channel the screensaver and clock appear. OK. But then quite often I get flashes of the underlying MHEG page as the clock ticks over. There is no obvious way (apart from turning TV off) to get around this. Turning the TV off has the disadvantage of turning the sound off - and I was listening to the radio...:roflmao:
The point being - if there was a way to turn off the screensaver, I would have found it. There isn't!
No trumpets - :whistling:

I only got the 1800t,( to replace my 9300 ) as when i rang Humax, they said it has a 2 Hour Pause ( 9300 didnt have this ) and also told me i can turn off my 1800 and TV by pressing 1 button on the remote .... Trouble is, they didnt mention about the 'Screensaver' and yes i can turn off by 1 button on remote, but to turn back on, i have to dig out the TV remote and turn TV on as well by TV Remote ..... and the 1800t doesnt have x64 (FF) like my 9300 did ! the good things about 1800t are , Graphics on EPG are clear and had 2 hour to a view or more, also the 'Keyword' search, very nice how it 'Saves' my last used Keywords, saves typing in Program name every time, very nice touch ... overall i wish it had the features of 9300 ! but i cant have everything !

Get a stand alone wireless then EEPhil:frantic::duel:
Do you mean wireless as in old-fashioned "steam radio"? Got one, and a DAB radio. Sometimes the radio on the TV can be useful - especially if you are recording/playing back. Just pointing out that there is a problem with the screensaver and no obvious way around it. Wouldn't have complained about it if this thread hadn't been started. :p

Given the problems some people have with essentials like the picture or sound not working between different makes our box and TV, I consider any working nicety like CEC to be a bonus, not expected.

After ditching Sky ( After 15 years ) ( Whereby i could use 1 remote ) now having to use 2 remotes everytime is a Pain in the Backside

I only got the 1800t,( to replace my 9300 ) as when i rang Humax, they said it has a 2 Hour Pause ( 9300 didnt have this ) ...
The 9300T does have a 2 hour live buffer, but sometimes it can get corrupted.
There are two ways of fixing a corrupt live buffer on the 9300T.

1) Wait until you are prepared to delete all the 9300T recordings and do a disk format via MENU -> Record -> HDD Control -> OK (format). The format will take a few seconds and will delete all your recordings but a fresh usable buffer will now be there to use.

2) Use 3rd party software ‘humaxrw’ to delete just the buffer. You will need to attach the 9300T's HDD to a PC to do this. When you put the hard disk back inot teh 93000T the Humax will find the buffer missing and recreate it. If the 9300T is fairly full you will need to delete a few recordings first so that the Humax has ample space to do this.

The author of humaxrw ix xyz123. In July 2009 he posted on the defunct hummy.org.uk:

“If you have a problem with the buffer I would recommend running humaxcheck first to ensure there are no cross-linked files. If there are use the truncate option to fix it.
“To delete the buffers use humaxrw’s hidden option ‘-D’. After deleting the buffers make sure there is at least 8GB free, otherwise the problem may reoccur.
“PS. Make sure you are using the latest versions of humaxrw & humaxcheck from the Wiki http://humaxdisk.wikispaces.com/.”
That link no longer works but Humaxrw and humaxcheck are both available from the other forum that you recently joined i.e. myhumax.org

BTW I think the HDR-2000T can pause for longer than 2 hours. The 2 hour limit is how much of a buffer it can create when paused. After it is paused for two fours it will still stay paused but the oldest part of the buffer will be reused so that you can only go back up to a maximum of 2 hours.

Edit: correct typo to "2009"

Last edited:
Back