Humax Crashed

Mrs Snowman

Hi guys, Just logged in to my Humax and it says this

Your Humax crashed and some packages may have been disabled as a precaution.
... view the crash.log for more details.

As usual I haven't a scooby what this means so could someone kindly advise me what to do now?

Thanks in advance
:)

I've found a load of log files with a red button with a cross in it beside them and it says 'clear'. Tried to copy and paste them here but it won't let me for some reason.

Your Humax crashed and some packages may have been disabled as a precaution.
I find error messages like this quite annoying.
What's all this "may"? Either it has disabled them or it hasn't. Presumably some bit of software knows what it has done, so why can't it tell you exactly which packages it has disabled, rather than leaving the hapless user to guess (as is the case with Mrs. S here) and provide a "Re-enable" button?

Run the fix-flash-packages diagnostic on the Diag page.

Thanks pr, I've just done that and it seemed to do loads of stuff (reinstalling, removing from root etc) that took about a minute.

I still have those log files with the red cross and 'clear' beside them. Do I click on clear beside each one of them, thee are around 10 of them? They look like this below

These logs store all sorts of info., only the crash.log would have been written to as a result of the "Your Humax crashed and some packages . . ." message, you don't need to clear any of them, there is an example on the Wiki HERE

These logs store all sorts of info., only the crash.log would have been written to as a result of the "Your Humax crashed and some packages . . ." message, you don't need to clear any of them, there is an example on the Wiki HERE

Hi Ezra,

Thanks I will just leave them alone then if it's safe to do so. I haven't noticed them there before so I thought maybe I was supposed to do something with them.

I haven't noticed them there before so I thought maybe I was supposed to do something with them.

It's often the way. The first time you go looking 'under the hood' is when it (PVR, car, toaster, kid's toy) is playing up. "Hmm. Is that meant to be like that?"

Back