Humax F2-FOX T freeview box. Re-tuned today, as requested 17 07 2018. Now cannot get Dave or Sky News.

I don't understand where the 200 comes from.
It's probably some arbitrary limit the Humax programmers used thinking "this is big enough, it will never be reached". I wouldn't be surprised if your box, on discovering more than 200 channels, overflowed this limit and failed to store any of them... or crashed, or had some other undefined behaviour.
It's crap/lazy programming, but lots of people/corporations are good at that.

It's probably some arbitrary limit the Humax programmers used thinking "this is big enough, it will never be reached". I wouldn't be surprised if your box, on discovering more than 200 channels, overflowed this limit and failed to store any of them... or crashed, or had some other undefined behaviour.
It's crap/lazy programming, but lots of people/corporations are good at that.

Yes, one of the problems I used to have was, after a while my TV would display the info (e.g. BBC1) but not the actual programme. I had to get out of bed, switch the box off and back on again (sounds like a good line for the IT Crowd). I believe this was a memory leak. Badly written software. What a shame these people spoil the ship for a ha'p'orth of tar.

Last edited:
Back