Humax Foxsat HD rotating green lines only when looking for new channels

justmegt

I bought my Foxsat HD Box when Freesat first started. I just pulled it out of the cupboard to start using it again. This is the non-recording box. I also have a Foxsat HDR Box.

When setting up for the first time it will sit waiting for ages, perfectly OK until moving on to searching for new channels. Then the rotating green lines appear, the screen goes green and it re-boots.

Is this the usual capacitor problem?

I bought my Foxsat HD Box when Freesat first started. I just pulled it out of the cupboard to start using it again. This is the non-recording box. I also have a Foxsat HDR Box.

When setting up for the first time it will sit waiting for ages, perfectly OK until moving on to searching for new channels. Then the rotating green lines appear, the screen goes green and it re-boots.

Is this the usual capacitor problem?

Yes

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Humax-fo...-boot-green-circling-on-display-/201355421738

Bought repair kit from suggested supplier (forum won't allow me to display external links, so I cannot display full quote). Replaced C12, C23, C14 and C24, old caps weren't bulging or leaking. Box is still doing exactly the same. It displays a Blue screen not Green as I said earlier, then re-boots. Ver: U7.22.
It will keep working OK for a very long time until searching for channels, then re-boots.

Last edited:
After playing around for a while I managed to do a manual tune. No crashes. I get some channels but they are all mixed up on the wrong Non-Freesat channel numbers.

Here is the Diagnostics Info:

Brand Name Humax
Model Name Foxsat-HD
Software Version HZPTSF 1.00.15
Loader Version U 7.22
System ID 35F1.0000
Update Date 09 Sep 2008
Postcode My Postcode

I would like to update the software and loader but it seems Humax no longer support this model on their website.

Can anyone help please?

There are no logical channel numbers in non freesat mode simply because the lcn's come from the freesat epg.

Basically when you use non-freesat tune the box allocates a channel number in the 5000's in the order they are found adding one to the last found channel. If you retune you simply add add duplicates with higher channel numbers. That's why you can freely renumber non freesat channels.

In respect of Freesat channels are you in the UK, if not where are you and can you tune channel 999 in Freesat mode (Freesat Info) ?

Cambs. UK

When the box powers up it works fine until it tries to scan for Freesat channels, then the TV displays a plain blue screen, re-boots and the box displays the green oval of moving dotted lines. Then back to square one. I bought the kit suggested earlier and changed C12, C23, C14 and C24. Still exactly the same fault.

I managed to stop the scan, before it re-booted. Navigated back to the menu and selected a manual scan. The box found about 300 channels, kept working and doesn't re-boot unless I scan for Freesat channels.

I would like to update the software but it seems that Humax no longer have updates for this model.

I also have a Humax Foxsat HDR which works fine, apart from the remote, which is in pieces to clean it. The Foxsat HD remote appears to be working on the HDR. I have been using the same connections for both boxes.

I would appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction to update the Foxsat HD to the latest version.

update installed. Now have:

Brand Name Humax
Model Name Foxsat-HD
Software Version HZPTSF 1.00.28
Loader Version U 7.22
System ID 35F1.0000
Update Date 09 Sep 2010
Postcode My Postcode

Still got Loader Version U7.22. Website says U7.24

Is it possible to put ch4 HD onto the Freesat epg on this old box and the HDR version. I found some instructions for a newer box but the menu looks totally different. I found it on the non-Freesat epg. It's a bit of a pain to swap backwards and forwards.

Thanks. The last time I used the Foxsat HD and HDR boxes I got CH4 HD on channel number 126.

I found out it has been removed from the Freesat epg but found some instructions for putting it back on the Freesat epg from Non-Freesat mode but this was for a different Humax Box and the menu is completely different.

update installed. Now have:

Brand Name Humax
Model Name Foxsat-HD
Software Version HZPTSF 1.00.28
Loader Version U 7.22
System ID 35F1.0000
Update Date 09 Sep 2010
Postcode My Postcode

Still got Loader Version U7.22. Website says U7.24

Is it possible to put ch4 HD onto the Freesat epg on this old box and the HDR version. I found some instructions for a newer box but the menu looks totally different. I found it on the non-Freesat epg. It's a bit of a pain to swap backwards and forwards.

No point in updating the loader. The latest version just adds extra diagnostics for Humax use.

Add and scan this transponder using manual tune. The lcn you get depends on how many non freesat you already have.

11127 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

You can only add it to Freesat mode using a Foxsat-HDR with the custom firmware installed and the channel editor package.

I'll just keep switching between Freesat and Non-Freesat mode. I like to watch F1 in HD, most other things don't matter.

Since using the Foxsat HD and HDR on my DVI-D input into my TV, there's no HDMI socket, I can't believe the difference in picture quality, even in SD. I was thinking of throwing the TV out but I won't now.

Thank you everyone for your help. My Foxsat HD no longer re-boots.

Back