Humax Foxsat-HDR - Installing Custom Firmware

retrobristolian

Hi All, I hope you don't mind me posting this here. But it might be helpful for others looking to install the custom firmware. I just did a quick video showing the basics of how to do it.

Feedback is welcomed on the video comments.

You can remove the USB stick after the initial programming phase.
Installing Nowster's patch doesn't decrypt any existing recordings (as you kind of implied initially), only subsequent new ones.
Disabling both SSH and Telnet will seem a bit daft if your WebIf gets broken. OK, there's a way round it, but who needs the hassle?

You can remove the USB stick after the initial programming phase.
Installing Nowster's patch doesn't decrypt any existing recordings (as you kind of implied initially), only subsequent new ones.
Disabling both SSH and Telnet will seem a bit daft if your WebIf gets broken. OK, there's a way round it, but who needs the hassle?
The post to which this refers has vanished.

Eh? It refers to the video in post #1 and is still there (at the moment anyway). The thread has been moved, possibly between forum sections, which may have confused.

Last edited:

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I've added a pinned comment in the YouTube video to reflect your thoughts. I did realise at editing that I was a bit vague on what that HD patch did. but as this video is probably not going to be viewed by many I have tried to make correction for this in the pinned comment rather than re-filming.

Either way I hope the video is of some use to someone (probably a beginner).

Eh? It refers to the video in post #1 and is still there (at the moment anyway). The thread has been moved, possibly between forum sections, which may have confused.
Post 1 (in this thread) was originally elsewhere, as was your reply. I must have been posting simultaneously with them being moved.

Back