Humax FVP-5000T Freeview Box

Lesann

My Humax has suddenly stopped playing back my recordings-any ideas anyone? Please don't get too technical as I'm 77!

Have you tried putting into stand-by, and then after the disc inside appears to be making no noise at al lswitching the power to the box totally off, and after 10 minutes turning it back on again?

When you state that it has stopped playing back recordings, what precisely is happening?

Which box do you have? The FVP-5000T is a Freeview box and not a Youview box. On its menus does it state Youview or Freeview?

Yes I've tried turning off/on for 10 mins several times, but doesn't always work. Very occasionally it does.

I'm getting the title of the recording, the length of it, then that disappears and I'm left with a blank screen.

Yes I have a Freeview button on the remote (sorry).

I'm sure there must be a "format disk" option on the menus somewhere, which is the only intervention available to you. Be aware that this option will erase your existing recordings, but needs must. If that doesn't fix it, time for a new PVR.

I'll try the format disk option tomorrow. I think I'd resigned myself to losing recordings and/or getting a new PVR! Thanks.

Back